       Jared A McNeal.

fetrow@bones.stat.washington.edu (Dave Fetrow) (06/15/88)

In article <896@dsacg3.UUCP> ntm1477@dsacg3.UUCP (Jared McNeal) writes:

>     What is a transputer.
>     How does it work.
>     What will it cost.
>     Can it work on the Amiga 2000 and 500.
>     When and how can i get one.

      A microprocessor(s) designed for parallel processing made by Inmos
      Pretty well but it takes awhile to explain :-)
      Unknown, requires support hardware and software
      It should be able to but nobody has been selling them yet for Amigas
      You can get them for PC's now (see [ick] BYTE magazine)

For further info:

Parallel Programming R.H. Perrot (International Computer Science Series)
Back Issues of Byte
Anything about the Occam language

  -Dave Fetrow-
  {ihnp4,tektronix}!uw-beaver!entropy!fetrow 	:UUCP
  fetrow@entropy.ms.washington.edu 		:INTERNET
  7833117@UWAVM					:BITNET

bear@bu-pub.bu.edu (Blair M. Burtan) (11/14/89)

Amiga World, Dec. 1989

In a full page ad from Digital Animation Productions:

"Imagine being able to create the most powerful artwork on the Amiga.
In 16 Million Colors.  With Unlimited Resolution.
Imagine 24-bit RAM animation, NTSC/PAL, RS178, Analog RGB/Composite video,
10 RISC MIPS/1.5/MFLOPS, 19 MB/S drawing speed, 8MB BLIT Operations.
For more performance, the graphics board connects to our Transputer
Processor Boards, each capable of a max performance of 120 RISC MIPS.
Each transputer chip is capable of addressing four gigabytes of memory.
Unlimited expandability."

Ahhhh, eat your heart out Seymour Cray.

This is a Boston-based company.  I'll probably drop in for a demo
in a few days and I'll report what I've seen.  Stay tuned...

ms0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Gordon Shapiro) (11/15/89)

> Excerpts from netnews.comp.sys.amiga: 14-Nov-89 Transputer Blair M.
> Burtan@bu-pub.b (748)

> In a full page ad from Digital Animation Productions:

> "Imagine being able to create the most powerful artwork on the Amiga.
> In 16 Million Colors.  With Unlimited Resolution.
> Imagine 24-bit RAM animation, NTSC/PAL, RS178, Analog RGB/Composite
> video,
> 10 RISC MIPS/1.5/MFLOPS, 19 MB/S drawing speed, 8MB BLIT Operations.
> For more performance, the graphics board connects to our Transputer
> Processor Boards, each capable of a max performance of 120 RISC MIPS.
> Each transputer chip is capable of addressing four gigabytes of memory.
> Unlimited expandability."

Like most Amigans, I'm very excited about this transputer board.  But
what kind of ninny noop takes out a full page ad for a graphics
transputer board and doesn't include any PHOTOS?

hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Anthony Adam Hill) (11/20/89)

    It has been confirmed -- It was shown at the AmiExpo in Cologne.

adam

jandreas@pnet02.gryphon.com (Jason Andreas) (11/21/89)

If you have any questions on the board, give me a call 508-476-2143.  I'm one
of the few people in the US who have actually programmed the thing!  It's
incredible, 16.7 million colors.  Also, if anyone knows of a public access
USENET feed in the  eastern US, please post it here or call me, this node in
california is going down soon.

UUCP: {ames!elroy, <routing site>}!gryphon!pnet02!jandreas
INET: jandreas@pnet02.gryphon.com