[comp.sys.amiga] TVKD Demo Problems

drues@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Michael E. Drues) (11/21/89)

Hey folks,

Anyone tried the Badge Demo TVKD and got it to run?  I got it from
xanth.cs.odu.edu (1.4Mb), unzoo'ed it, unwarp'ed it onto 2 disks and
read the docs (I got NO errors unwarping or unzooing the stuff).
It says it takes 11 minutes to start off floppy or 3
minutes off hard drive.  I didn't want to put it on my hard drive so I
ran it from workbench off floppies.  It went for about 10-11 minutes
then white requester came up on top left on screen saying
	    ``  Nothing to Play ''
of all things.  I thought maybe I had some assignments or something
screwed up on my system so I rebooted, went into workbench, and tried
again.  The same thing happened!!!  [Incidently, after unwarping the 2
disks, disk 1 was 94% full and disk 2 was 99% full].

Am I doing something wrong?  (I didn't get any errors anywhere, atleast
that I know about).  Could I perhaps have a bad copy of TVKD (I hope
not cause it took the whole night to get).  I have a A1000 with 2.5 Mb
of RAM (is that not enough)?

If anyone has had this experience or knows what I am doing wrong, I
would really appreciate it if you would let me know.  I would really
like to see this demo as it is the second place winner and is said to
be the funniest.

Thanks for whatever help you can give me.
Mike

|   //                  Michael Drues                                   |
| \X/     Internet:     drues@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu                  |
|         Bitnet:       v2.med@isumvs.bitnet                            |

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (11/22/89)

In article <1996@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu> drues@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Michael E. Drues) writes:
> Anyone tried the Badge Demo TVKD and got it to run? ...  It says it
> takes 11 minutes to start off floppy or 3 minutes off hard drive.
> ... It went for about 10-11 minutes then white requester came up on
> top left on screen saying ``Nothing to Play'' of all things.  ...

> I have a A1000 with 2.5 Mb of RAM (is that not enough)?

I believe it requires at least 3M of memory.
I was unable to run it as well on an A1000 with 2.5M...

	...tad