[comp.sys.amiga] Wayne Gretzky's Hockey

sk2x+@andrew.cmu.edu (Sun Kun Kim) (11/21/89)

I don't know how many of you have the Super Agnus(1 meg) chip in their
Amigas, but here it goes.  Wayne Gretzky doesn't work with 1 meg agnus.
You have to get the upgrade from Bethesda itself.  I just got my copy
of it and was excited until I tested on my Amiga 2000.  Anyway, they said
that I have to mail the original disk and the warranty card.  I am
mailing it tomorrow and I can't wait until I get it!!!  Anyway, this
is a warning for those of you with Super Agnus that the store bought copy
may not work.  Don't despair if it doesn't and just mail it back.  I
estimate the return time to be less than 2 weeks.(I hope)

                                 Sun..
P.S. Keep those ODeaN stuff coming!!!!!!!!! And thanx to those who already
gave their share!

gbbrooks@sybil.cs.Buffalo.EDU (G. Brandon Brooks) (11/21/89)

In article <AZOA_ui00WB7Q3jFMJ@andrew.cmu.edu> sk2x+@andrew.cmu.edu (Sun Kun Kim) writes:
>I don't know how many of you have the Super Agnus(1 meg) chip in their
>Amigas, but here it goes.  Wayne Gretzky doesn't work with 1 meg agnus.

	Just so you know - in case Wayne Gretzky doesn't work when you get
it back again - Wayne Gretzky Hockey never worked on my computer WITHOUT
the Super Agnus.
	The game has a horrid copy protection on the disk, so horrid that
my drive would not load the game in correctly. Usually between periods
the game would lock-up or something strange would happen such as there
would be no goal net or the players looked weird.
	The symptoms SOUND like agnus, but the store I bought the game
from said it was the copy protection and they had about 20 disks (20!!!)
out of 45 that they sold come back as defective in the same way. I tried
other copies but to no avail.
		-Brandon!
	(I have a standard Amiga internal drive)

rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (Rich Carreiro) (11/22/89)

In article <13628@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> gbbrooks@sybil.cs.Buffalo.EDU.UUCP (G. Brandon Brooks) writes:
>	Just so you know - in case Wayne Gretzky doesn't work when you get
>it back again - Wayne Gretzky Hockey never worked on my computer WITHOUT
>the Super Agnus.

That is strange.  I never had a single problem with my A1000, and I had
the game from when it first came out.

>	The game has a horrid copy protection on the disk, so horrid that

No question about that.  Luckily, Project D copies the game (both releases
AS WELL AS the Super Agnus update).
>my drive would not load the game in correctly. Usually between periods
>the game would lock-up or something strange would happen such as there
>would be no goal net or the players looked weird.

Hmmm.  In two years of playing the game (heavily, I may add), I never
once had it guru, get garbled, or fail to play in any way.

>	The symptoms SOUND like agnus, but the store I bought the game
>from said it was the copy protection and they had about 20 disks (20!!!)

His symptoms are definitely the Agnus problem - I had the same thing when
I got my A2000.  I now have the update disk and it is working fine (and
is copyable with project D).  And if you take a good look at the exit
game menu, you'll notice they have the hook in for using the League Simulator,
so I assume it's close to coming out.

>out of 45 that they sold come back as defective in the same way. I tried
>other copies but to no avail.

That's too bad.  It's a great game.  I and a number of my friends have the
game and have never had a loading problem (though it does make yer drives
grind like hell).

--
Rich Carreiro - Most Biased Boston Celtics Fan!     Get well soon, Johnny Most!
ARPA: rlcarr@space.mit.edu                          Welcome back, Larry!

d87-khd@sm.luth.se (Karl-Gunnar Hultland) (11/22/89)

In article <1989Nov21.193306.29864@athena.mit.edu> rlcarr@space.mit.edu (Rich Carreiro) writes:

>Hmmm.  In two years of playing the game (heavily, I may add), I never
>once had it guru, get garbled, or fail to play in any way.

Two years ?????

I got it 6-7 months ago in Europe.
And that was the NTSC version. The PAL version came two
months later....
Are there any other great games out there???

					Karl

PS     I could backup it with nib1.0 without any problems.
       Some of my friends had bad luck though it wouldn't work
       on their Amigas.

< Karl 'Kalle' Hultland    <$>                                               >
< Dept. of Comp. sci.      <$> d87-khd@sm.luth.se |                          >
< University of Lulea      <$> {uunet,mcvax}!sunic.se!sm.luth.se!d87-khd     >
< Sweden                   <$>                                               >
<      If two people agree on EVERYTHING , one of them is OBSOLETE!!         >