[comp.sys.amiga] Chessmaster, was Re: Stoopid Amiga radio commercial

perley@trub (Donald P Perley) (11/23/89)

In article <89325.132939JKT100@PSUVM.BITNET>, JKT100@PSUVM (JKT) writes:
>In article <-286609996@hpcupt1.HP.COM>, pdg@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Paul Gootherts)
>says:
>>
>>Chessmaster 2000 has a menu item like this.

>We'd rather it multitasked--same result, more flexibility!  :-)

I read in this group that early Chessmaster didn't multitask, but
the copy I bought 6 months ago does fine.  It is copy protected, but
there is no problem running it from a regular workbench.  It puts up
its own screen, but you can sink it below the WB screen in the normal
way.

>Do most of you try specifically to purchase software that multitasks?
>Seems to me that's one way of telling manufacturers what we want.

I try to, but don't always.  If it doesn't multitask, that is the first
thing I mention if someone askes what I think of the program.  It would
be nice if there were warning stickers on the boxes.

-don perley
perley@trub.crd.ge.com