[comp.sys.amiga] wishful? I want to write an amiga disk from a VaxStation 3100

chekmate@athena.mit.edu (Adam Kao) (11/23/89)

In article <1989Nov22.015959.1279@uniwa.uwa.oz> toivo@uniwa.uwa.oz (Toivo Pedaste) writes:

>I've had no problem with writing 720k disks on a SPARCstation for reading
>on the amiga. I did originally format them on the amiga.
>--
>	Toivo Pedaste				ACSNET: toivo@uniwa.uwa.oz

I didn't know the amiga could read 720k disks.  Do you have a special
drive?  Did you have to use any special software?

On a related note, MIT recently obtained quite a few VaxStation
3100's with 3.5 inch drives.  No one here seems to know anything about
them, but I saw a magazine article that said, in passing, that the
VaxStation 3100 writes PS/2 format disks, 1.44 meg I guess.

Is there any way to write amiga disks with these machines?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Send email and save bandwidth!

Adam Kao
chekmate@athena.mit.edu