[comp.sys.amiga] Apples trial run ........

hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Anthony Adam Hill) (11/20/89)

          Apple has just announced a trial run of there computer systems...
The advertisement said " (voice) no other computer company has done this
(while the screen displayed) Because they are wimps. "  Its gonna be in Sunday's
paper so how about all of the financially capable Amiga Users going out and trying one therfore depleting the supply. (I already, and my friends have 15 copies
of Apple's Desktop Video Tape)

    adam hill

rar@auc.UUCP (Rodney Ricks) (11/21/89)

In article <4465@nigel.udel.EDU> hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Anthony Adam Hill) writes:
>          Apple has just announced a trial run of there computer systems...
>      so how about all of the financially capable Amiga Users going out and
>trying one therfore depleting the supply.

That's a mean, nasty, underhanded and CHILDISH stunt!!!

Sounds like fun to me!!!  :-)

By the way, I've seen the commercial, too.  Isn't it a FREE trial run?  If so,
why do you say "financially capable" Amiga Users?  (Maybe they make you leave
a deposit...?)

>    adam hill

Rodney (Can you believe it, I've FINALLY seen Batman!) Ricks
--
"We may have come over here in different ships,
 but we're all in the same boat now."   --   Jesse Jackson

Rodney Ricks,   Morehouse College

filbo@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us (Bela Lubkin) (11/22/89)

In article <4465@nigel.udel.EDU> Anthony Adam Hill writes:
>          Apple has just announced a trial run of there computer systems...
>The advertisement said " (voice) no other computer company has done this
>(while the screen displayed) Because they are wimps.

Gosh, I seem to remember a program called "Test drive an Amiga".  Or is my
memory as dead as my @$*(*! Techni-Soft "RAMBO-ard" finally seems to be?

Can't say I agree with the idea of trying to suck up Apple's supply of demo
systems.  It's not likely to accomplish much beyond making Apple dealers
>really< mad at Amiga users, leading to bad word of mouth.  ("Amiga users,
they're a bunch of troublemakers, I'd avoid that machinela Lubkin    * *    //  filbo@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us  CI$: 73047,1112 (slow)
     @       * *     //  belal@sco.com  ..ucbvax!ucscc!{gorn!filbo,sco!belal}
R Pentomino    *   \X/  Filbo @ Pyrzqxgl +408-476-4633 and XBBS +408-476-4945

mjsagar@sandia.gov (9123 SAGARTZ, MATHIAS J.) (11/23/89)

	The reason that Adam said "financially capable Amiga users"
is that you actually buy the Apple system.  The first step is to
qualify for Apple credit.  Once you're approved you take home the system
that you've qualified for.  If you don't want to keep it you return
the system to the dealer, I think sometime in January, and you never
see the charge on your Apple credit.  I think one reason for this
program is the sluggish PC market of late.  The machines used for
this free run can probably be counted as sales for the fourth quarter
and may make the operating results look a little better.  Of course
when the next quarter rolls around some adjustment will probably
have to be made, but a good accountant should be able to hide it
somewhere.