[comp.sys.amiga] Snap keyboard problem

It seems that Snap, when interpreting the characters, assigns the numeric
characters to the numeric keypad. This would be fine for most cases, but can
interfere with a number of things. A friend uses UEdit, and assigns various
functions to the numeric keypad keys. Myself, I have used KeyMapEdit to place
various strings into the keymap on the numeric pad. The result is that when
pasting, the strings appear instead of the number.

-larry

--
My name is OS/2, Mandius, Kludge of Kludges.
Look upon my works, ye CS majors, and gag.

root@ccave.UUCP (Juergen Hermann) (11/28/89)

In article <828@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca> lphillips@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca (Larry Phillips) writes:
>It seems that Snap, when interpreting the characters, assigns the numeric
>characters to the numeric keypad. This would be fine for most cases, but can

I had the same problem, both in the CLI and in DME. While it is not very
sensible/common to remap the normal digit keys, it IS for the keys on the
numeric keypad.

Don't know why Michael did this? Any comments, Michael?

--
   //  Juergen Hermann		root@ccave.smurf.ira.uka.de
 \X/   75 Karlsruhe 1, FRG	Fido: 2:241/2.1212@FidoNet