[comp.sys.amiga] Sources for 41256 RAMS

jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu (11/27/89)

In article <622@syteke.be>, jim@syteke.be (Jim Sanchez) writes:
> Amazing as it seems, after posting my request for sources for RAMS to
> expand my A2620 card I got ZERO sources.  I had suspected that lots of
> folks out there had done the upgrade but all I received was requests
> from others to pass along what I received.  Well since I got nothing,
> that ain't too hard.  Again, if anyone knows where to get these things
> and a reasonable price to pay let the net know. PLEASE!

Pick up a copy of Computer Shopper... you will find many establishments
advertising rams. Prices change frequently, so just call three or four places
to get a current 41256 price quote. From the December 1989 issue, here are a
few:
BG Micro: (214) 271 5546
Advertised prices:
41256 150 ns: $3.30
      120 ns: $3.50
      100 ns: $3.90
I.C. Express: (800) 892 8889
A.P.:
41256 150 ns: $2.70
      120 ns: $2.80
      100 ns: $3.25
Jameco Electronics: (415) 592 8097
A.P.:
41256 150 ns: $3.25
      120 ns: $3.69
      100 ns: $3.95
.. and so on. There are at least 10 different companies advertising chips in
each issue. Call a few to get the best price quotes.
--
James A. Treworgy    -- No quote here for insurance reasons --
jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu         jtreworgy%eagle@WESLEYAN.BITNET

billsey@agora.UUCP (Bill Seymour) (11/28/89)

From article <4040@eagle.wesleyan.edu:, by jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu:
:
: Pick up a copy of Computer Shopper... you will find many establishments
: advertising rams. Prices change frequently, so just call three or four places
: to get a current 41256 price quote. From the December 1989 issue, here are a
: few:
:
: [list deleted to conserve space...]

	All the sources and prices listed were for 256Kx1 drams. The A2620
uses 256Kx4 ZIP packaged drams. There a bit of a difference there! :-) But
Computer Shopper is still a very good idea. Try calling those sources and
asking for the correct chips. ZIPs are a bit tougher to come by than DIPs
in this case, but they shouldn't be all that hard to find.

: .. and so on. There are at least 10 different companies advertising chips in
: each issue. Call a few to get the best price quotes.
: --
: James A. Treworgy    -- No quote here for insurance reasons --
: jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu         jtreworgy%eagle@WESLEYAN.BITNET
--
     -Bill Seymour             ...tektronix!reed!percival!agora!billsey
                               ...tektronix!sequent.UUCP!calvin!billsey