[comp.sys.amiga] TransAmi

timg@cbmtor.UUCP (Tim Grantham ) (11/24/89)

For those of you who have been wondering, Transactor for the Amiga has not gone
out of business. After an interminable delay caused by moving offices, a
corrupt subscriber database and staff downsizing, V3I1 was printed and sent
to distributors. However, it has not yet been sent to subscribers because of
said f****d database. Malcolm O'Brien has spent the last two weeks repairing
the database and we seem to have recovered everybody. We should be able to
generate the mailing labels tomorrow or Monday.

We are also (slowly) putting V3I2 together -- it's due to go to the printers
at the end of the first week of December. We will also be at the World of
Commodore show.

The downsizing of the staff left the editorial team intact. However, in
addition to trying to get a quality magazine out, us editors are now having
to take orders, talk to advertisers, issue reader response reports, et cetera,
ad nauseum. We're not happy campers.

Right now, we're concentrating on getting the Amiga mag out; the 8-bit mag
is temporarily on hold while we try to get our sh*t together. Those of you
who wish to reach us can mail to the old address or call (416) 764-5274 (this
number connects to an answering service). We're slowly getting through a very
large stack of messages and we'll do our best to return all calls.

All of our readers have been incredibly patient and we're grateful. You have
put up with a lot of inconvenience for the sake of the editorial quality of the
magazine. We editors too have put up with a lot of crap because we love our
Amigas and we love writing/editing about it. I however, have had enough. I will
only be staying with the mag long enough to get it back on its feet -- then
I'll be going freelance. The present publisher and I have had too many fights
about policy, too many differences we haven't been able to resolve (the slow-
ness of author payments was a biggie.)

In the meantime, I hope you will continue to support the magazine. I think you
will agree that, from a content point of view, we've done well. Malcolm and
Paul, the other two editors, will be staying with the mag.

As for me... anybody looking for a good technical writer/editor/typesetter? :)

Tim Grantham
Editor (for now)
Transactor for the Amiga

kaz@cadovax.UUCP (Kerry Zimmerman) (12/01/89)

In article <144@cbmtor.UUCP> timg@cbmtor.UUCP (Tim Grantham ) writes:
>For those of you who have been wondering, Transactor for the Amiga has
>not gone out of business. After an interminable delay caused by moving
>offices, a corrupt subscriber database and staff downsizing, V3I1 was
>printed and sent to distributors. However, it has not yet been sent to
>subscribers because of said f****d database. Malcolm O'Brien has spent
>the last two weeks repairing the database and we seem to have recovered
>everybody. We should be able to generate the mailing labels tomorrow or
>Monday.
>
>Those >of you who wish to reach us can mail to the old address or call
>(416) 764-5274 (this number connects to an answering service). We're slowly
>getting through a very large stack of messages and we'll do our best to
>return all calls.
>

>Tim Grantham
>Editor (for now)
>Transactor for the Amiga

Sorry to be sending this on the Net. I have been trying to reach
Transactor through phone calls and Mail without success since last
June!!!  Maybe Tim will see this and respond.

Tim,
I am subscriber number 8839.  I ordered a THREE YEAR subscription
WITH DISK (300 bucks worth!).

The last issue I have received of your magazine is Volume 2 Issue 2.  I
have written letters and tried to phone for several months.  A couple
of times I was told by phone that the problem would be rectified.  That
was months ago.  Recently, I got the answering service, who said they
would pass my message along.  I have never received any response.
Since then I have had a daily ritual of phoning and nobody picks up
the damn phone.

You indicated that your database was messed up, and that probably
explains what happened to my order.  However, that doesn't excuse
the lack of reponse to either the letters or the phone calls.

PLEASE help me get my past issues and staighten out my remaining ones.

Extra patiently yours,

Kerry Zimmerman
#  {ucbvax,decvax}!trwrb!cadovax!kaz  VERSYSS Corporation 213-323-8170
A difference between an amateur and a professional,
is that a professional has the right tools.