[comp.sys.amiga] Stack for RCS/GNU "diff" in the ARP shell

wfh58@leah.Albany.Edu (William F. Hammond) (11/24/89)

One of the goodies in the RCS package is a nifty gnu-descendant "diff" for
the Amiga.  It is very fast.  But I find in the ARP shell that it has an
insatiable hunger for stack.  Works fine in CLI.  So for now there's a
band-aid for the ARP shell, namely, "arun diff ...".  Anyone know what's
going on?
William F. Hammond                   Dept. of Mathematics & Statistics
518-442-4625                         SUNYA
wfh58@leah.albany.edu                Albany, NY 12222

davewt@NCoast.ORG (David Wright) (11/24/89)

	I use the ARP shell exclusively, and have had no problems
with the stack. Of course, I run with a default stack of 50k, so that
may explain it...

		Dave

ricks@eagle.iscs.com (Rick Schaeffer 99) (12/01/89)

In article <2186@leah.Albany.Edu> wfh58@leah.Albany.Edu (William F. Hammond) writes:
>One of the goodies in the RCS package is a nifty gnu-descendant "diff" for
>the Amiga.  It is very fast.  But I find in the ARP shell that it has an
>insatiable hunger for stack.  Works fine in CLI.  So for now there's a
>band-aid for the ARP shell, namely, "arun diff ...".  Anyone know what's
>going on?

I did the original port of gnu diff.  For what it's worth, I run a version
of the Dillon/Drew Cshell which I've done some hacking on (added an
Arexx port & made it rez-able).  I have my stack set at 25000 and have
had no trouble with diff or rcs.  I've tried WShell and also Sksh with
no problems.  I can't imagine why the Arp shell would cause problems but
I will give it a try.  How much stack are you allocating?
--
Rick Schaeffer          UUCP:  uunet!isc-br.isc-br.com!ricks
ISC-Bunker Ramo                ricks@isc-br.isc-br.com