[comp.sys.amiga] 45 MB hard drive - any opinions?

ianr@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Ian ROWLANDS) (11/30/89)

    After querying about A500 hard drives, I received a reply about a Great
Valley Products A500 expansion box.

Date: Wed, 29 Nov 89 06:29:13 ADT
From: legg@afflatus.trl.OZ (Stephen Legg)
To: ianr@mullian.ee.mu.oz@munnari.oz
Subject: Re: Wanted - various Amiga stuff
News-Path: trlluna!bruce!munnari.oz.au!mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU!ianr

Regarding hard disks for an A500, the latest issue of Workbench newsletter
has an advertisement from Power Peripherals of Laverton (03 369 7020)
for a Great Valley Products A500 expansion box.

The device has a 45 Meg SCSI hard drive and up to 4 meg of expansion memory.
It looks like a suped-up version of the A590 and is priced at $1495.
The ad is a bit vague about whether the price includes the cost of the
4 Meg expansion RAM.

Regards,

Steven Legg
Telematic and Message Services Section
Telecom Australia Research Laboratories

ACSnet: legg@trldeity.oz

    Does anybody out there have one? Anybody know its exact capabilities? I
am deciding between it and the A590, so would like any opinions on how the
two compare.
    Please reply by E-MAIL only. If enough requests are made, I'll summarize
it.
	Thanks in advance,
				Ian

P.S.   For O/S readers, the price is in Australian dollars so no flames about
       the high price. The phone number is also Australian, so ignore it.
Ian Rowlands                              Email : ianr@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au
Dept. of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Melbourne University
  "Of course I can use my Amiga. I can do plenty of things with it. I just
   can't do anything I want to do! "

robin@sabre.uucp (Robin D. Wilson/1000000) (12/01/89)

In article <2865@munnari.oz.au> ianr@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Ian ROWLANDS) writes:

>    After querying about A500 hard drives, I received a reply about a Great
>Valley Products A500 expansion box.

[stuff about GVP Impact/A500 deleted.]

>    Does anybody out there have one? Anybody know its exact capabilities? I
>am deciding between it and the A590, so would like any opinions on how the
>two compare.
>    Please reply by E-MAIL only. If enough requests are made, I'll summarize
>it.

No No No..  Please post this info.  Many people have asked about it lately
(add me to the list), so it is of obvious universal value.

|The views expressed herein, are the sole responsibility of the typist at hand|
|USNail:                               UUCP:                                  |
|2323 Wells Branch Pkwy., #G107        cs.utexas.edu!romp!ibmaus!auschs\      |
|Austin, TX  78728                     !sabre.austin.ibm.com!robin            |
|Home: (512)251-6889                                                          |

ianr@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au (Ian ROWLANDS) (12/01/89)

In article <2850@d75.UUCP> robin@reed.UUCP (Robin D. Wilson/1000000) writes:
 In article <2865@munnari.oz.au> ianr@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Ian ROWLANDS) writes:

      After querying about A500 hard drives, I received a reply about a Great
  Valley Products A500 expansion box.

 [stuff about GVP Impact/A500 deleted.]

      Does anybody out there have one? Anybody know its exact capabilities? I
  am deciding between it and the A590, so would like any opinions on how the
  two compare.
    Please reply by E-MAIL only. If enough requests are made, I'll summarize
  it.

>No No No..  Please post this info.  Many people have asked about it lately
>(add me to the list), so it is of obvious universal value.
>

>+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>|The views expressed herein, are the sole responsibility of the typist at hand|
>+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>|USNail:                               UUCP:                                  |
>|2323 Wells Branch Pkwy., #G107        cs.utexas.edu!romp!ibmaus!auschs\      |
>|Austin, TX  78728                     !sabre.austin.ibm.com!robin            |
>|Home: (512)251-6889                                                          |

   NO, NO,NO, NO, NO!  Please reply by e-mail, and I will DEFINITELY summarize
when appropriate (probably within 10 days). PLEASE, reply by e-mail to save
random articles (like the one above) appearing.
    Sorry for wasted bandwidth, but I hope to save some by keeping this
discussion out of this group for a short period.
		Ian
(All flames to ianr@murtoa.cs.mu.oz.au)