[comp.sys.amiga] NEC Multi-Sync 3D: HELP!

robin@sabre.uucp (Robin D. Wilson/1000000) (11/30/89)

I am about to purchase a NEC Multi-Sync 3D monitor (great price).  So
naturally I need some help.

1) Could some kind sole send me the pin-out's for the monitor vs. the Amy.

2) The monitor has a max resolution of 1024x768.  With the Amiga maxed out at
something like 700x450 (aprox?) what will happen to the extra resolution?  Will
it just be black space on the edges of the screen (or perhaps "blank" space
colored in by the overscanning of the amy)?

3) Where do I get the latest "Morerows" or equivalent program so I can use the
overscan space?

Thanks in advance.

|The views expressed herein, are the sole responsibility of the typist at hand|
|USNail:                               UUCP:                                  |
|2323 Wells Branch Pkwy., #G107        cs.utexas.edu!romp!ibmaus!auschs\      |
|Austin, TX  78728                     !sabre.austin.ibm.com!robin            |
|Home: (512)251-6889                                                          |

840445m@aucs.uucp (Alan McKay) (12/02/89)

In article <2849@d75.UUCP> robin@reed.UUCP (Robin D. Wilson/1000000) writes:

>I am about to purchase a NEC Multi-Sync 3D monitor (great price).  So
>naturally I need some help.
>
>1) Could some kind sole send me the pin-out's for the monitor vs. the Amy.

the monitor should come with this info.  If it does not, then demand it.
As for the Amiga, just look in the "Introduction to the Amiga 500/2000"
manual that comes with it.  It's in there.

--
+ Alan W. McKay       +  VOICE: (902) 542-1565                        +
+ Acadia University   +  "Courage my friend, it is not yet too late   +

aiajms@castle.ed.ac.uk (A McSherry) (12/04/89)

I have heard that XLISP 2.1 is available for the IBM PC, complete with
DEFSTRUCT and all its nice macros. Does anyone know if there is or will
be a port for the Amiga and Atari St available via anonymous FTP.