[comp.sys.amiga] NewTek Demo / World of Commodore

bjmills@crocus.waterloo.edu (Brad Mills) (12/03/89)

Reel 3 'premiered' at the World of Commodore show in Toronto this weekend.
It's available as PD, from a number of sources.  I picked it up while at
the show.

Regarding the show itself.  I can't help but say I was disappointed.
Commodore obviously is flaunting the Amiga as a game machine; they went
as far as setting up an 'Arcade' area for game-play.  And with a $4
student admission, it was swamped by VideoNuts.

By and large, the show was dominated by software vendors such as Accolade,
Sierra, and SubLogic, toting their most recent hits.  (Sheepish comment:
I walked away from the Accolade booth with a Test Drive II license plate
under my arm).

Any other comments?

drues@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Michael E. Drues) (12/04/89)

bjmills@crocus.waterloo.edu (Brad Mills) writes:

>Reel 3 'premiered' at the World of Commodore show in Toronto this weekend.
>It's available as PD, from a number of sources.  I picked it up while at
 ^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^ ^^ ^^  ^^^^ ^ ^^^^^^ ^^ ^^^^^^^

 Does anyone know specifically where this available?
 (I would assume it's a pretty new demo).

 Thanks, Mike

|   //                  Michael Drues                                   |
| \X/     Internet:     drues@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu                  |
|         Bitnet:       v2.med@isumvs.bitnet                            |

swan@jolnet.ORPK.IL.US (Joel Swan) (12/04/89)

:
:>Reel 3 'premiered' at the World of Commodore show in Toronto this weekend.
:>It's available as PD, from a number of sources.  I picked it up while at
: ^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^ ^^ ^^  ^^^^ ^ ^^^^^^ ^^ ^^^^^^^
:
:+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
:|   //                  Michael Drues                                   |
:| \X/     Internet:     drues@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu                  |
:|         Bitnet:       v2.med@isumvs.bitnet                            |
:+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+

THe demo is available NOW on American Peoplelink (PLINK).  It consists of
5 or 6 rather large files that decompress onto 2 disks.  The demo requires
1mb. (The LHARCed files average about 220K each if I remember right.)

Joel Swan

srp@modcomp.UUCP (Steve Pietrowicz) (12/05/89)

in article <2071@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu>, drues@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Michael E. Drues) says:
>  Does anyone know specifically where this available?
>  (I would assume it's a pretty new demo).

It's available from CompuServe, AmigaArts library 1.

And, yes, it is very new.  It was shown for the first time in public
on 11/30.
--
SR Pietrowicz    UUCP: ...!uunet!modcomp!srp      CIS: 73047,2313

drues@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Michael E. Drues) (12/05/89)

srp@modcomp.UUCP (Steve Pietrowicz) writes:

>>  Does anyone know specifically where this available?

>It's available from CompuServe, AmigaArts library 1.

OK, and for us poor grad students, any ftp sites? (yet)  ((please))

>And, yes, it is very new.  It was shown for the first time in public
>on 11/30.