[comp.sys.amiga] NewTek Demo Reels

FUCHS@pucc.Princeton.EDU (Ira Fuchs) (01/10/89)

Do they (or at least #1) run on a 512K machine?

higgin@cbmvax.UUCP (Paul Higginbottom MKT) (01/18/89)

In article <6823@pucc.Princeton.EDU> FUCHS@pucc.Princeton.EDU writes:
$Do they (or at least #1) run on a 512K machine?

Demo Reel #1 does not run with less than 1 megabyte.

	Paul.

yuan@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Yuan 'Hacker' Chang) (01/18/89)

In article <5708@cbmvax.UUCP> higgin@cbmvax.UUCP (Paul Higginbottom MKT) writes:

>Demo Reel #1 does not run with less than 1 megabyte.

	Just where does one find the Newtek Demo Reels?  Somebody referred
me to local dealers, and it seems none of them knows what it is.  Does
NewTek let you get a copy for a reasonable price?
--
Yuan Chang 				      "What can go wrong, did"
UUCP:      {uunet,ucbvax,dcdwest}!ucsd!nosc!uhccux!yuan

gaynor@salmon.cis.ohio-state.edu (james e. gaynor) (01/19/89)

In article <3021@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> yuan@uhccux.UUCP (Yuan 'Hacker' Chang) writes:
>In article <5708@cbmvax.UUCP> higgin@cbmvax.UUCP (Paul Higginbottom MKT) writes:
>>
>>Demo Reel #1 does not run with less than 1 megabyte.
>
>	Just where does one find the Newtek Demo Reels?  Somebody referred
>me to local dealers, and it seems none of them knows what it is.  Does
>NewTek let you get a copy for a reasonable price?
>--
>Yuan Chang 				      "What can go wrong, did"

Demo Reel #1 is all over the place, and I guess would be considered Freeware
or demo (free) software, as all it really does is showcase NewTek's stuff.
You can only get Demo Reel #2 by becoming a Cool Friend of NewTek, which
entails buying some of their stuff, and registering it.  Friends of mine
who are part of this elite group :) have not received it yet... or even
had it offered to them for that matter...

-=-
: Jim Gaynor..."The Vampire Lestat"       Internet: gaynor@cis.ohio-state.edu :
: "Success lies in achieving the top of the food chain." - Jubal Harshaw      :
: My opinions are utterly and totally mine and are probably copywritten, too. :
: "Welcome to the Ohio State University... oops, THE Ohio State University."  :

armhold@topaz.rutgers.edu (George Armhold) (12/02/89)

Does anyone know where I can FTP the NewTek Demo Reels?  I have an old
one from 1987- were there ever any new ones?

Thanks,
-George

bjc@pollux.UUCP (Betty J. Clay) (12/05/89)

In article <Dec.1.15.55.15.1989.17127@topaz.rutgers.edu> armhold@topaz.rutgers.edu (George Armhold) writes:

>Does anyone know where I can FTP the NewTek Demo Reels?  I have an old
>one from 1987- were there ever any new ones?
>
>Thanks,
>-George

NewTek made (and distributed) DemoReel I, and that is probably the one you
have.  Later, they made DemoReel II, and used it at shows.  That one was
never released, and they tell me it will not *be* released.  Only today,
they did release DemoReel3.  I have downloaded about half of it from
CompuServe, so I haven't seen it yet, but their representative there assures
me that it is terrific.  So, you should be locating DemoReel3 very soon.

Betty

Betty Clay
 ......bjc@pollux.seas.smu.UUCP
       CompuServe 76702,337