[comp.sys.amiga] File transfer Mac<-->Amiga via diskettes

scheidhr@uklirb.UUCP (Ralf Scheidhauer AG Siekmann) (12/01/89)

Is there any program out there to transfer files
between Mac and Amiga via diskettes.
I know already about the problem of the different
rotation speeds of the Mac drives.
But I think it must be possible, to write some
tracks on a diskette, that are accessible by both
machines.

jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu (12/05/89)

In article <7605@uklirb.UUCP>, scheidhr@uklirb.UUCP (Ralf Scheidhauer AG Siekmann) writes:
> Is there any program out there to transfer files
> between Mac and Amiga via diskettes.
> I know already about the problem of the different
> rotation speeds of the Mac drives.
> But I think it must be possible, to write some
> tracks on a diskette, that are accessible by both
> machines.

A-Max comes with software to do this (both MAC and Amiga software). The Amiga
disk can read approx. 277k of a MAC disk, so the software copies all relevant
information into the universal areas, using up to three disks per Mac disk if
necessary. The Amiga software will reassemble it into an A-Max format disk. But
if you need to do a lot of transfers, and have access to a mac, you are
probably better off with a serial cable & two terminal programs running at top
speed.
--
James A. Treworgy    -- No quote here for insurance reasons --
jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu         jtreworgy%eagle@WESLEYAN.BITNET