[comp.sys.amiga] Bridgecard/harddrive question

3423YKN@CMUVM.BITNET (Dan Bracken) (12/01/89)

     I am hoping to soon aquire a 2000 with bridgecard.  I also have
a segate 251 mfm-type harddrive.  What is the best way for me to make use
of the harddrive?  Do I need an st506 controller on the bridgecard?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, via email preferably.

Dan Bracken
              3423ykn@cmuvm.bitnet
Acknowledge-To: <3423YKN@CMUVM>

casebolt%esdc.span@fedex.msfc.nasa.gov (12/06/89)

From:	FEDEX::"amiga-relay-request@louie.udel.edu"  1-DEC-1989 01:16:30.01
To:	ESDC$SPAN::CASEBOLT
CC:
Subj:	Bridgecard/harddrive question

From: Dan Bracken <3423YKN%cmuvm.bitnet@ee.udel.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga
Subject: Bridgecard/harddrive question
Date: 1 Dec 89 02:00:03 GMT
To:       amiga-relay@udel.edu
Sender:   amiga-relay-request@udel.edu

     I am hoping to soon aquire a 2000 with bridgecard.  I also have
a segate 251 mfm-type harddrive.  What is the best way for me to make use
of the harddrive?  Do I need an st506 controller on the bridgecard?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, via email preferably.

Dan Bracken
              3423ykn@cmuvm.bitnet
Acknowledge-To: <3423YKN@CMUVM>

You should only need a hard controller for the IBM side of the bus... I've
seen the controllers for about $50.00... Don't expect to boot AMI from the
disk on the IBM side though.. As far as I know, it cannot be done...

Richard Casebolt