[comp.sys.amiga] midi-smpte board for Amiga 2500

jol@sei.cmu.edu (Eel O'Nuj) (12/01/89)

Hi.

Can anyone recommend a good midi board for Amiga 2500.
I would like a one that also handles SMPTE.

ThanX
The Eelman

ckp@grebyn.com (Checkpoint Technologies) (12/06/89)

In article <5152@fy.sei.cmu.edu> jol@sei.cmu.edu (Eel O'Nuj) writes:
>Hi.
>
>Can anyone recommend a good midi board for Amiga 2500.
>I would like a one that also handles SMPTE.

The company I work for (Checkpoint Technologies) makes a dual-port
serial board for the Amiga 2000/2500.  We designed it to support MIDI in
two ways.  First, we put an extra oscillator on the board so that the
MIDI baud rate would be generated exactly (absolutely!).  Second, we put
the same power pins on the DB-25 as are on the Amiga's built in port.
This allows you to use existing Amiga MIDI interfaces with our board
(i.e., you don't need external power -- it is supplied by the Amiga).

We are also developing a 2-port MIDI interface for the Amiga for use
with our serial board (see preceeding survey).

If you have any more questions, please call us at (703) 330 - 5353.