[comp.sys.amiga] Convenient Assign script

brianr@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Brian Rhodefer) (11/30/89)

In article <5108@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM>, brianr@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (me) writes:

> .key newvol,path
> if exists "<path>"
> echo >t:pas<$$> "Assign <newvol>  <path>"
> join s:AssignHD t:pas<$$> to t:newpas<$$>
> copy t:newpas s:AssignHD
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	      |---- should be:  copy t:newpas<$$> s:AssignHD

Brian Rhodefer

brianr%tekig5.pen.tek.com@cunyvm.cuny.edu (12/06/89)

In article <5108@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM>, brianr@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (me) writes:

> .key newvol,path
> if exists "<path>"
> echo >t:pas<$$> "Assign <newvol>  <path>"
> join s:AssignHD t:pas<$$> to t:newpas<$$>
> copy t:newpas s:AssignHD
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              |---- should be:  copy t:newpas<$$> s:AssignHD

Brian Rhodefer

brianr%tekig5.pen.tek.com@cunyvm.cuny.edu (12/07/89)

I keep a script file in my S: directory called "AssignHD", which
is executed during my startup sequence.  AssignHD consists exclusively
of "Assign volume: pathname" commands, and performs nearly all of
my startup assignments.  I've written a little script that is useful
when installing software that needs to live in a uniquely named volume.

This script (which I called "PAS", standing for Permanent ASsign)
both performs a "normal" assign operation AND adds a line to the
end of S:AssignHD which will duplicate the assignment on all subsequent
rebootings.  It isn't a very smart script, but it ought to work OK unless
deliberately abused.

It's real short, so I'll include it here:
.key newvol,path
if exists "<path>"
echo >t:pas<$$> "Assign <newvol>  <path>"
join s:AssignHD t:pas<$$> to t:newpas<$$>
copy t:newpas s:AssignHD
protect s:AssignHD +s
assign <newvol> <path>
delete t:#?pas<$$>