[comp.sys.amiga] 3D-graphics

bmacintyre%watdragon.waterloo.edu@cunyvm.cuny.edu (12/07/89)

jmdavis@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (j.michael.davis,ix,) writes:
>In article <734@crash.cts.com> wade@pnet01.cts.com (Wade Bickel) writes:
>>PKONTKANEN@cc.helsinki.fi writes:
>>>             I am going to make a program, which uses filled 3D vector
>>>     graphics with hidden-surface removal. Normal methods - transform and
>After you get the math part solved how do you plan to solve hidden
>surfaces? This is your next big time hurdle. The math is linear in
>the number of polygons, but the scale factor is large. Simple polygon
>sorting methods are nlog(n) but the scale factor is lower. However there
>are tricks for simple camera movements that is linear, and of course
>there is the zbuffer method.

On an Amiga?!?!?  He said he wanted speed.  To do this you would have to
rewrite all the blitter functions in software.  Of course, then you could
put in simple goraud shading and some other things, but it would be *yawn*
a bit of a sleeper.

--
-- Blair MacIntyre, Professional Leech on Society ( aka CS Graduate Student )
-- bmacintyre@{watcgl, watdragon, violet}.{waterloo.edu, UWaterloo.ca}