[comp.sys.amiga] Populous and Fuller

rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (the Wizard of Speed and Time) (12/06/89)

Does anyone know how to back up Populous (great game, btw, IMHO)?
Having to play off the master disk makes me very nervous.

Also, has Fuller Software (Project D) gone under?  When I call them
at (602)835-5018, I get a message saying it's been disconnected.
Anyone know?

Also, I've seen ads in Amiga+ for a hardware disk duplicator.  Is this
for real, or is it a rip-off?

--
Rich Carreiro - Most Biased Boston Celtics Fan!   "So long, farewell, and may
ARPA: rlcarr@space.mit.edu                         the forces of evil become

MARCUS%MOLE.PCL.AC.UK@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Talking With Myself) (12/06/89)

>From: the Wizard of Speed and Time <rlcarr@edu.mit.athena>
>Date: 6 Dec 89 05:05:20 GMT

>Does anyone know how to back up Populous (great game, btw, IMHO)?
>Having to play off the master disk makes me very nervous.

You need the Cyclone II hardware/software combination which comes with
X-Copy II from Cachet software in germany.

>Also, has Fuller Software (Project D) gone under?  When I call them
>at (602)835-5018, I get a message saying it's been disconnected.
>Anyone know?

Don't know, but Project D won't cut the mustard.

>Also, I've seen ads in Amiga+ for a hardware disk duplicator.  Is this
>for real, or is it a rip-off?

If it's X-Copy II it's for real. The 'hardware' consists of two back-to-back
db23's (male/female) with various connections. I have the exact details at home
but it's stuff like data-write-enable connected to data-ready. It makes the
disk light stay on...I guess it gives the software full control over writes.

>Rich Carreiro - Most Biased Boston Celtics Fan!   "So long, farewell, and may

^M

marcus@uk.ac.pcl.mole - JANET
marcus%mole.pcl.ac.uk@ukacrl - BITNET/EARN

stan@teroach.UUCP (Stan Fisher) (12/07/89)

In article <1989Dec6.050520.17202@athena.mit.edu> rlcarr@space.mit.edu (the Wizard of Speed and Time) writes:
>Also, has Fuller Software (Project D) gone under?  When I call them
>at (602)835-5018, I get a message saying it's been disconnected.
>Anyone know?
>--
>Rich Carreiro - Most Biased Boston Celtics Fan!   "So long, farewell, and may
>ARPA: rlcarr@space.mit.edu                         the forces of evil become
>UUCP: ...!mit-eddie!space.mit.edu!rlcarr           confused on the way to your
>BITNET: rlcarr@space.mit.edu                       door!" - George Carlin

Ben Fuller, Project D & Fuller Software  are all doing well at a new business
office here in the valley.  The new phone number is in the latest documentation
for Project D....   (602) 497-6070

I am in no way affiliated with Fuller Software, but Ben IS a 'personal
friend of mine'  B^)  (as Steve Martin would say)

  Stan Fisher -  stan@teroach.phx.mcd.mot.com -  asuvax!mcdphx!teroach!stan
  Motorola Microcomputer Division, Tempe, Arizona   -  Voice (602) 438-3228
  Call our User Group BBS "M.E.C.C.A." running Atredes 1.1 @ (602) 893-0804

>>Does anyone know how to back up Populous (great game, btw, IMHO)?
>>Having to play off the master disk makes me very nervous.
>
> You need the Cyclone II hardware/software combination which comes with
> X-Copy II from Cachet software in germany.

This seems very odd to me, can somebody explain how they are able to get the disk
to boot up, like a regular dos disk.  (i.e. it looks like the workbench, and you
open the disk, and select the icon)  And still maintain a high level of
protection?

Brett Harper

harperb@frith.egr.msu.edu

fac2@dayton.saic.com (Earle Ake) (12/07/89)

In article <1989Dec6.050520.17202@athena.mit.edu>, rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (the Wizard of Speed and Time) writes:
> Also, has Fuller Software (Project D) gone under?  When I call them
> at (602)835-5018, I get a message saying it's been disconnected.
> Anyone know?

	I just purchased Project D about a month ago and it came with parameter
file dated Oct '89.  They were in business then but I don't know about now.

Earle Ake   /___ /___/ / /     Science Applications International Corporation
           ____//   / / /__                 Dayton, Ohio
Internet: fac2%dayton.saic.com@uunet.uu.net    uucp: uunet!dayvb!fac2