[comp.sys.amiga] C64->Amiga

umbirch2@ccu.umanitoba.ca (10/27/89)

Does anyone know if there is a C64 basic to Amiga Basic conversion
program available?

                                           Robert Birch
                                       <umbirch2@ccu.umanitoba.ca>

In <[257deaf4:3011]comp.sys.amiga@tronsbox.UUCP>, tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:
>save "program",9 will save the file onto an amiga floppy. but how do I
>telklk the C64 to save it in UN-Tokenized ASCII????

It's been a LONG time ( >4 yrs. ), so pardon the slightly vague instructions....

Load the Basic program into the 64.
OPEN 9,9,1,"foo.list"
CMD 9
LIST
CLOSE 9

I think that will do it. In case I have it wrong, you can get the idea anyway,
and check out the way you LIST a Basic program to the printer. It's the same
technique, but using a file on the disk

-larry

--
" All I ask of my body is that it carry around my head."
         - Thomas Alva Edison -

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (12/07/89)

Pardon me for re-asking the obvious...

I have some C64 BASIC programs that I would like to port to the Amiga in "C".

I KNOW I have to re-write em, but here is the question...

HOW can I get a C64 Basic program into a format an Amiga text editor will
read?

Getting the files TO the amiga is easy (I have ReadySofts emulator) , The
emulator has an AMiga format floppy as device "9" so a ..

save "program",9 will save the file onto an amiga floppy. but how do I
telklk the C64 to save it in UN-Tokenized ASCII????

I am sure some amiga guru has this all figured out!

"Perfume and leather baby , you and me together baby,
  what good is living in paradise, if you don't let yourself once or twice."
 -Tiffany

 Kenneth J. Jamieson ---- THE BOSS at Xanadu Enterprises Inc.
      UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  BEST PATH ---> uunet!tronsbox!tron1
      Sysop, The Penthouse ]I[ BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568

kudla@pawl.rpi.edu (Robert J. Kudla) (12/08/89)

   save "program",9 will save the file onto an amiga floppy. but how do I
   telklk the C64 to save it in UN-Tokenized ASCII????
   I am sure some amiga guru has this all figured out!

Nah, just an old c64 guru. Type this in 64 mode:

open2,9,2,"programname,s,w"
cmd9
list
close9

I'm reasonably sure this should work under the emulator. Afterwards,
there are programs out there to fix the upper/lowercase fuckups....
or maybe there's an implementation of tr out there for the amy....
--
Robert Jude Kudla  <kudla@pawl.rpi.edu>

"Famous? I'm not famous. People come up to me after a show and say
    "'Hey, Steve!'"
                                -Jon Anderson