[comp.sys.amiga] journey

winston@fjcnet.GOV (Winston M. Llamas) (10/06/89)

I have been playing Infocom's Journey on and off for the last couple of
weeks.  I seem to be at an impasse at the "magic mine."  I managed to
get out of the mine once without using an elevation spell and have
retrieved the pick axe.  Now that I'm back playing the game, I don't
seem to be able to exit the mine without using up some powders.  What
combinations of dial settings actually do anything to the various
holes in the ground?  Any hints are appreciated, and if the hint is
really obvious, THANKS!.

-Winston

wizard@sosaria.UUCP (Chris Brand) (10/12/89)

In message <208@fjcp60.GOV> Winston ?? writes:

>I have been playing Infocom's Journey on and off for the last couple of
>weeks.  I seem to be at an impasse at the "magic mine."  I managed to
>get out of the mine once without using an elevation spell and have
>retrieved the pick axe.  Now that I'm back playing the game, I don't
>seem to be able to exit the mine without using up some powders.  What
>combinations of dial settings actually do anything to the various
>holes in the ground?  Any hints are appreciated, and if the hint is
>really obvious, THANKS!.

Yes, this would also interest me. And more, I still didn't manage to get
through the gate of the storage room, you know, the one with the writing
above it.

Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.ccs.imp.com
"Justice is the possession and doing
of what one is entitled to"  -  Platon

p88-kmn@sm.luth.se (Kjell-Ove Mickelsson) (11/09/89)

In article <0592.AA0592@sosaria> wizard@sosaria.ccs.imp.com writes:

>In message <208@fjcp60.GOV> Winston ?? writes:
>
>>I have been playing Infocom's Journey on and off for the last couple of
>>weeks.  I seem to be at an impasse at the "magic mine."  I managed to
>
>through the gate of the storage room, you know, the one with the writing
>above it.

I have read a few letters with questions about Journey.
Some of them are taking up the problem in the mine.
The dials are activating teleports in the bottom of the
different mines. The first dial stands for "teleport from"
and the second dial means "teleport to".
If you for example set the first dial to 1 and the second
dial to 2, it means that you (if you enter mine 1) will be
teleported to mine 2.
Someone asked about the door outside the storage room.
If you analyze what the magician says, I cant remember his
name (its a while since i played journey last),
well anyway he says something like "different ways to read
different languages" . Try reading the text backwards.
That's all folks.

Greetings from Kjelle Mickelsson.

akcs.dfrancis@tronsbox.UUCP (Dennis Francis Heffernan) (12/08/89)

     Ur, the mine rooms are numbered randomly every time you run the game.
Experiment with the pick to find out which pit is which- you can use a winds
spell to blow away the dust and find the labels for some of them.