[comp.sys.amiga] Is there a pinball game?

dlundy@emdeng.Dayton.NCR.COM (Dave.Lundy) (12/07/89)

For some time my wife has been asking me to get a pinball game for
my Amiga, but I haven't found one.  Does one exist?  Is it any good?
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave Lundy

UH2@PSUVM.BITNET (Lee Sailer) (12/08/89)

In article <114@emdeng.Dayton.NCR.COM>, dlundy@emdeng.Dayton.NCR.COM
(Dave.Lundy) says:

>For some time my wife has been asking me to get a pinball game for
>my Amiga, but I haven't found one.  Does one exist?  Is it any good?
>Any help will be appreciated.

One of the very first products for the Amiga was a Pinball Construction Set.
In the past year or so, I saw it advertised as a clearance item for one of the
large mail order places.  Was it from Electronic Arts?  I can't remember.
You might still be able to hunt down a copy, maybe used...

                                                          lee

jcfst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (John C. Fossum) (12/09/89)

In article <114@emdeng.Dayton.NCR.COM>, dlundy@emdeng.Dayton.NCR.COM (Dave.Lundy) writes:
> For some time my wife has been asking me to get a pinball game for
> my Amiga, but I haven't found one.  Does one exist?  Is it any good?
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave Lundy

     In the NOV/DEC issue of Info, they reviewd a game called 'Jinks'
that is supposed to be close to pinball. The review reads:

'Jinks plays like a sideways space-age pinball machine, with a playfield
filled with colorful rotating objects and Arkanoid-like bricks. Kind
of like a Breakout meets Pinball. The game is very bouncy, and it takes
some practice to get the hang of the deflecting ball where you want it
to go. I'd like to have seen the first level a little easier, and
rstarting the game shouldn't take so long. ....'

Anyway, hope it helps.

-Steve

robert@hubcap.clemson.edu (Robert Reynolds) (12/13/89)

In article <89341.134729UH2@PSUVM.BITNET>, UH2@PSUVM.BITNET (Lee Sailer) writes:
> In article <114@emdeng.Dayton.NCR.COM>, dlundy@emdeng.Dayton.NCR.COM
> (Dave.Lundy) says:
> >For some time my wife has been asking me to get a pinball game for
>
> One of the very first products for the Amiga was a Pinball Construction Set.
> In the past year or so, I saw it advertised as a clearance item for one of the
> large mail order places.  Was it from Electronic Arts?  I can't remember.
> You might still be able to hunt down a copy, maybe used...

Yes, EA advertised the Pinball Construction Set as one of the first
things they were going to convert to the Amiga.  However, I'm just about
positive it never happened, because I've been looking for it ever since.
If you indeed have information that it was released, please correct me!