[comp.sys.amiga] A question about a new musical software

elee6i2@uhvax1.uh.edu (A JETSON News User) (12/12/89)

I have heard that there is a new software (named "M" ?) to play and edit music
and better than "DMCS" (Delux Music Construction Set).Does anyone know if this
sofware is available in the USA ?

	Denis Malagre
	Internet: Elee6i2@Uhvax1.uh.edu

ckp@grebyn.com (Checkpoint Technologies) (12/12/89)

In article <5184.2583cbed@uhvax1.uh.edu> elee6i2@uhvax1.uh.edu (A JETSON News User) writes:
>I have heard that there is a new software (named "M" ?) to play and edit music
>and better than "DMCS" (Delux Music Construction Set).Does anyone know if this
>sofware is available in the USA ?

M is a "music composition tool" and is not really directly comparable to
DMCS.  M is a MIDI sequencer which additionally has features which can
assist a musician in the composition of a new piece of music.  DMCS is a
very simple staff editor/player which happpens to also be able to play
thru an attached MIDI port.  Not quite the same thing.

Yes, M is available in the United States from Intelligent Music.  I'm
sure any Amiga Mial Order house or local dealer would carry it.

ckp@grebyn.com

aaalexis@sactoh0.UUCP (Andrew A. Alexis) (12/14/89)

In article <5184.2583cbed@uhvax1.uh.edu>, elee6i2@uhvax1.uh.edu (A JETSON News User) writes:
> I have heard that there is a new software (named "M" ?) to play and edit music
> and better than "DMCS" (Delux Music Construction Set).Does anyone know if this
> sofware is available in the USA ?
>
> 	Denis Malagre
> 	Internet: Elee6i2@Uhvax1.uh.edu
 "M" and Deluxe Music both play music, but they are not at all
comparable.  M is kind of like a fancy version of music mouse--it
composes music in response to parameters you set, mouse movements,
patterns you input, etc.  It is a solid program, and is worth it if
you like this kind of stuff.  DMCS is more of a simple music
notation editor and player.  I use it mostly to transcribe music
from records.  If you want the music notation abilities, look at
copyist, which has been recommended to me.  If you want something
just to play the music, Sonix is the only program comparable to
DMCS. Copyist does not play music by itself- you need the sequencer
software too, I believe. And of course, as has been recently flamed
here, there are any number of sequencer type of programs available
for the amiga.

--
   Andy Alexis        UUCP:ames!pacbell!sactoh0!aaalexis
  "Toto kansasoseum non est cognito" -- Farley