[comp.sys.amiga] Starflight, Empire, Space Ace are shipping

ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (AMOEBOID) (12/14/89)

Well, Starflight is NOW shipping.  Got a copy today (we get stuff
directly from Electronic Arts Distributing, and they send out
direct before they send to the other distributers).  The port was
done VERY WELL (although it does take over the machine).
It WILL work with the 020 and 030, makes excellant use of the
Amiga graphics, sound and mouse.  For anyone that played this
on other machines, it is a must get.  The map and codewheel look
to be the same, and all other options are the same, but
the graphics have been greatly enhanced.  The game also
goes through the mechanics must faster (disk loading, and
things likt landing sequences).  It comes on 1 disk and is
a codewheel type copy-protection (disk can AND SHOULD be copied
to play).

Also got in Space Ace - it is on 4 disks.  So far I have been unabel
to get it to run on a 2620 machine (either in the 020, or the 68000
mode) but it does run on a 500 :-).  It plays just like Dragon's
Lair (although the scene changes seem to be speeded up).  It
WILL NOT install on a hard drive, but you can SAVE a position, so
if you die, you do not have to start all over again if you are
90% through with the game.

And last but certainly not least, the commercial (Interstel) version
of Empire arrived today.  A quick run through of it is very
impressive for all you Empire players

Regards,
	George

and remember "Use more force, Luke"
                      -Luke's wife...

--
UUCP:  ucqais.uc.edu!ggibeau  BBS: (513) 721-7977  GT NODE: 006/005
US Snail-Dept of Biology ML 06, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45221

evtracy@sdrc.UUCP (Tracy S. Schuhwerk) (12/14/89)

In article <2195@ucqais.uc.edu>, ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (AMOEBOID) writes:
> Well, Starflight is NOW shipping.  Got a copy today (we get stuff
> directly from Electronic Arts Distributing, and they send out
> direct before they send to the other distributers).  The port was
> done VERY WELL (although it does take over the machine).
> It WILL work with the 020 and 030, makes excellant use of the
> Amiga graphics, sound and mouse.  For anyone that played this
> on other machines, it is a must get.  The map and codewheel look
> to be the same, and all other options are the same, but
> the graphics have been greatly enhanced.  The game also
> goes through the mechanics must faster (disk loading, and
> things likt landing sequences).  It comes on 1 disk and is
> a codewheel type copy-protection (disk can AND SHOULD be copied
> to play).

I bought one of the copies of Starflight that they got in at the
store George works at and it is great!  I had the (for give me)
IBM version and played it to death now my Amiga version will be
racking up the interstellar miles!  The graphics have been reworked
and they are very good.  Game play is still pretty much the same
(mouseified though!).  The only thing I can see that has been added
to help game play is an "auto-pickup" on the planetside terrain
vehicle display (great option! Only works with minerals though.).

> and remember "Use more force, Luke"
>                       -Luke's wife...

Like the quote George! Heh heh heh

Does anyone know if Sentinal Worlds I is in the works from EA?
Great game and would really be done justice on the Amiga!

-- Tracy
 \XX/           Structural Dynamics Research Corporation        \XX/