[comp.sys.amiga] Matlab.... Newest version needed.

multi@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Chuan Su Kuan) (11/29/89)

Hi, does anyone know where to get the newest version of matlab for Amiga?

Or, if there is no new release yet, is there anyone out there planning
on working at the intuition interface for the plotting function??

Please send any reply to either multi@vax1.udel.edu
					or
				ksu@louie.udel.edu

Thanks.

P.S.  Say, while you are at it (whoever's working on the newest release)
      how about adding a few extra features (functions) in there?  Such as
      plotting the root locus of the characteristic equations, functions for
      calculating the step responce of abitrary inputs (ie step, ramp..)
      Just some neat stuffs they have [exclusively, right now] for suns.
      Well, Just a thought.

fac2@dayton.saic.com (Earle Ake) (12/10/89)

In article <2758@ethz.UUCP>, visinfo@ethz.UUCP (VISINFO Moderators) writes:

[stuff deleted]

> There is another Matlab port based on a 1984 version done by Dr. Paolucci.
> He told me a few month ago that someone is working on an interface, too.
> Since then I have never heard anything about it anymore. I would also
> like to know if really something is doint it or if it just was a rumour.

	Jim Locker who is in Dayton, Ohio has been doing a MATLAB port for
some time now.  He just got it on the Fred Fish disks (around 266 or so).
He is not on UUCP but he is on the local BBS that I am also on.  I don't
know what is the best way to contact him.  I can relay short messages to
him but that isn't a good way.  The BBS is connected to fidonet as 1:110/300
if you want to send it directly to him.

             ____ ____    ___
Earle Ake   /___ /___/ / /     Science Applications International Corporation
           ____//   / / /__                 Dayton, Ohio
Internet: fac2%dayton.saic.com@uunet.uu.net    uucp: uunet!dayvb!fac2

visinfo%ethz.uucp@cunyvm.cuny.edu (12/15/89)

In article <5161@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> multi@vax1.acs.udel.EDU
(Chuan Su Kuan) writes:

>Hi, does anyone know where to get the newest version of matlab for Amiga?
>
>Or, if there is no new release yet, is there anyone out there planning
>on working at the intuition interface for the plotting function??

I have made a port of the 1987 Mac Version Matlab 1 1/2 years ago. If
someone is interested in it, I could send it to Bob Page. (I have
never send soft to usenet. I don't know if I can reach him from here.
I would appreciate any info about sending binary and sources to
comp.sys.amiga. Please email me the address and info needed).

Also I wanted to implement an Intuition Interface for it. But the problem
I have is that I want to write the Interface in C (Because my knowledge
of Fortran ends very soon after porting a running MAC version to the Amiga).
Is it difficult to call C- and Amiga Operatins System routines from
Fortran?

There is another Matlab port based on a 1984 version done by Dr. Paolucci.
He told me a few month ago that someone is working on an interface, too.
Since then I have never heard anything about it anymore. I would also
like to know if really something is doint it or if it just was a rumour.

/* Peter Simeon,      UUCP: |       //                             //     */
/*  visinfo@bernina.ethz.ch |      //    Long live the AMIGA!     //      */
/* BIX:  hardwiz            |    \X/                            \X/       */