[comp.sys.amiga] VLT won't save configuation

tjf@lanl.gov (Tom J Farish) (12/07/89)

Hi...When I select "Save Configuration" in VLT, the disk spins
and it seems OK, buth then when I run VLT at a later date, the
previous config was not saved after all.  (I run from a floppy).
How Come?

robin@sabre.uucp (Robin D. Wilson/1000000) (12/08/89)

In article <38265@lanl.gov> tjf@lanl.gov (Tom J Farish) writes:
>Hi...When I select "Save Configuration" in VLT, the disk spins
>and it seems OK, buth then when I run VLT at a later date, the
>previous config was not saved after all.  (I run from a floppy).
>How Come?

If you have an init file in the s: directory, it will override the saved
configuration.  Load it up, make your changes, save it, and then remove the
init files from s: and the current directories (copy them somewhere else, you
don't want to lose them).  Then make sure that the VLT.dat (I think thats its
name) is in your current dir: when you fire it up.

This stuff is documented in the docs that came with it...

|The views expressed herein, are the sole responsibility of the typist at hand|
|USNail:                               UUCP:                                  |
|2323 Wells Branch Pkwy., #G107        cs.utexas.edu!romp!ibmchs!auschs\      |
|Austin, TX  78728                     !sabre.austin.ibm.com!robin            |
|Home: (512)251-6889                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^<-MUST BE INCLUDED|

akcs.dfrancis@tronsbox.UUCP (Dennis Francis Heffernan) (12/09/89)

     I had this problem myself.  It comes from the little detail that vlt
will save the new vtdata.prefs file in the CURRENT directory.  Meaning if
you're like me and have it set for vdk: for downloads and buffers, your new
config is saved to vdk:.  It's then up to you to copy it to where it has to
be (the directory you run vdk: from, or s:, I believe.)

robin%sabre.uucp@cunyvm.cuny.edu (12/15/89)