[comp.sys.amiga] Lattice patch to v5.04 available

kim@uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (12/02/89)

[ How do you spell SUPPORT ...?      I spell it:  L A T T I C E  ! ! ! ]

Happened to check on the Lattice BBS today, to see when the patch to v5.04
would be available.  Guess what?  "It's in there."

Short description:

		     Current Lattice FIX Packages
		     ============================

   Name 	 Date	   Product		 Description
=============  =========  =========    ===================================
FIX504A.ARC    12/01/89   Amiga C      Fix for CPR 1.04 displaying floats
32,441 BYTES		  5.04	       and corrected library modules for
				       getenv, strtol, stch_i, cxv35/cxvfd.

Interestingly, a couple of the files in the .arc have datestamps of Feb 01,
1990.  Wonder if that means this patch is "ahead of it's time" ... :-)

Thanks for the support to all the Lattice/SAS folks out there!

/kim

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,uunet,oliveb,ames}!amdahl!kim

ben%contact.uucp@cunyvm.cuny.edu (12/15/89)

In article <fcB802hD6fof01@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> kim@uts.amdahl.com (Kim
 DeVaughn) writes:
>[ How do you spell SUPPORT ...?      I spell it:  L A T T I C E  ! ! ! ]
>
>...much deleted...
>
>Thanks for the support to all the Lattice/SAS folks out there!

I attended the World of Commodore (Toronto) yesterday (Sat.), where
Lattice had a booth set up.  They were giving out nifty little
screwdrivers with the following motto affixed:  "Lattice has the tools
you need!"  <cute>

They had a great deal on C++.  With the student discount, the price
goes right down to $150, so I picked up a copy.  They claimed that
Cfront2.0 is presently being worked on (no exact date of completion is
known), and a native C++ compiler is planned for a significant speed
improvement.

I have always worked with Manx Aztec C, and I still like the more
Unix-y feel of the compiler.  I also prefer sdb over cpr.  But I've
got to admit, Lattice sure does put in a great deal of effort to
please its customers while Manx does virtually nothing.  I can't even
get Manx to acknowledge my existence after sending in my registration
a year ago... <sigh>

Ben
--
Ben Eng                  | ben@contact.uucp  _or_  ben@ziebmef.mef.org
150 Beverley St. Apt #1L | Bix: jetpen             ^^^-down for repair?