[comp.sys.amiga] RKM "secret" message

dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) (12/13/89)

While waiting for my non-multitasking PC-type laptop to finish a
long download, I was leafing through my 1.3 Rom Kernel Manual.

I was checking out the copyright page (I was really bored that day!),
I found the following message burried in the "fine print":

"Reading legal mush can turn your brain to Guacamole!"

Now, I am sure that this originated by the folks at Commodore-Amiga.
The question is did Addison-Wesley, the RKM's publisher, know it
was in there? If so, it's good to know that they have a sense of
humor.
--
"What is another word  |  Dave Lowrey    | [The opinions expressed MAY be
 for 'Thesaurus'?"     |  Amdahl Corp.   | those of the author and are not
                       |  Houston, Texas | necessarily those of his
   Steven Wright       |  amdahl!dwl10   | employer]   (`nuff said!)

fenske@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu (Robert Fenske Jr) (12/13/89)

In article <b0de02Xz73N501@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) writes:

>While waiting for my non-multitasking PC-type laptop to finish a
>long download, I was leafing through my 1.3 Rom Kernel Manual.
                                         \___________________/
                                                 ^
                                                 ^
Where did you get this --------------------------^

--
Robert Fenske, Jr.                      Sw     | The Taming the C*sm*s series:
Electromagnetics Division              /R---\  |

MJB@cup.portal.com (Martin J Brown-Jr) (12/15/89)

FYI, the new 1.3 RKM and Hardware manuals can be ordered/gotten from:

           OPAMP Technical Books, Inc.
           1033 N. Sycamore Ave.
           Los Angeles, Ca. 90038

           Phone: 213-464-4322 (voice)
           FAX:   213-464-0977

           9:00 - 17:30 Mon. - Sat.

           VISA / MC / AMEX

You will most likely pay the full retail price, but
if you've "gotta have it NOW!". This is the place to go/call. OPAMP has books
on just about every technical subject. A great place to just browse around.
I don't work for 'em, I'm just a satisfied customer.

                                - MJB -