[comp.sys.amiga] MaxiPlan

eric@interlan.UUCP (Eric Anderson) (12/08/89)

	Help Help Help! -  does anyone know who is currently distributing
and supporting MaxiPlan?  One of the Amiga rags said that it was being
distributed by a company called B.E.S.T. in Tigard, OR, who I've been unable
to reach (directory assistance can't find them).  I followed the lead in
the Dec. '89 Amigaworld, which referenced a distributer called American
software distributors, but again, no luck.  I'm getting to the point where
I'm ready to shell out more $$$ for a SUPPORTED spreadsheet program.
	Thanks,
		Eric

| Eric Anderson   | "Virtue is its own punishment"     |  This space          |
| Racal InterLan  | ------------------------------     |  intentionally left  |
| (508) 263-9929  |                                    |  blank.              |

rac@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Richard A. Cervantes) (12/08/89)

I'm confused about MAXIPLAN also, even after I called them!  I received
an update news/flyer from Intuitive Technologies who originated the
program.  Distribution of the program has changed hands several times
and now seems to be back with IT.  The update notice specifies an upgrade
from MAXIPLAN 500 OR PLUS to MAXIPLAN III for $40 + SH and orig. disks.
The go further to explain that if you upgrade now, you will only pay an
additional $10 for an upgrade to MAXIPLAN IV! (no date given)  Plan/IT,
which I believe is MAXIPLAN through someone else, owners can also take
advantage of this upgrade "for a no-cost update to MAXIPLAN III."
B.E.S.T. was one of the distributors, OXXI also fits into the picture
somewhere, ...  I don't know what has happened in all this mess, but I
suspect legal fights and problems in there somewhere.  If you would
like to contact them yourself or write them here is the info:

Intuitive Technologies
1199 Forest Ave.  Suite 264
Pacific Grove, CA  93950
(408) 646-9147

Disclaimer: I am a MAXIPLAN PLUS owner and otherwise have no connection
with Intuitive Technologies.  Just thought I'd pass the info along.

Richard C.

In article <24664@swrinde.nde.swri.edu> rac@swrinde.UUCP (Richard A. Cervantes) writes:
>I'm confused about MAXIPLAN also, even after I called them!  [...]
>B.E.S.T. was one of the distributors, OXXI also fits into the picture
>somewhere, ...  I don't know what has happened in all this mess, but I
>suspect legal fights and problems in there somewhere.  If you would
>like to contact them yourself or write them here is the info:

Again, although I'm not a spokesperson for Oxxi, I can tell you what I know.
The contract between Oxxi and Intuitive Technologies for Maxiplan had a
limited number of years before expiring.  When it expired (last fall),
IU decided to not to renew it with Oxxi, but instead to go with B.E.S.T.
The same contract provided Oxxi with a 'longer' license for Overseas sales,
so Oxxi is still the sole publisher for Oxxi in Europe and other foreign
countries and will continue to be for quite some time.

-- Marco Papa 'Doc'
uucp:...!pollux!papa       BIX:papa       ARPAnet:pollux!papa@oberon.usc.edu
"There's Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Diga and Caligari!" -- Rick Unland

GIAMPAL@AUVM.BITNET (12/08/89)

In article <24664@swrinde.nde.swri.edu>, rac@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Richard A.
Cervantes) says:

>I'm confused about MAXIPLAN also, even after I called them!  I received
Me too.  I've called them several times, and never have spoken to a human
being.  Judging from the way they have done things with Ultracard, it's not
too surprising.  I hope they get their act together, as they have some good
products that could do real well in the Amiga market.

>suspect legal fights and problems in there somewhere.  If you would

I have a feeling it must be something like this too, as I can't imagine them
just not ever being at work....

>Richard C.
--Dominic

jmoore@atisun.dt.navy.mil (Jim Moore) (12/11/89)

In article <24664@swrinde.nde.swri.edu> rac@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Richard A. Cervantes) writes:
>I'm confused about MAXIPLAN also, even after I called them!  I received
>an update news/flyer from Intuitive Technologies who originated the
>program.  Distribution of the program has changed hands several times...
>
>Disclaimer: I am a MAXIPLAN PLUS owner and otherwise have no connection
>with Intuitive Technologies.  Just thought I'd pass the info along.
>
>Richard C.

Folks,

   If you have not read the last two most recent articles on Intuitive
Technologies latest product UltraCars ... let me warn you.

   I have been attempting to get UltraCard to anything without crashing
for about 4 or 5 months.  We have gone from version 1.1 to version 1.4.6.
None of these versions has been advertized beyond Intuitive Technologies BBS
(in CA).  Even though these releases have fixed and introduced to be fixed
major system crashing bugs!!!  The most common bug seems to be pointer errors!

   What really annoys me is the slow response time to inquiries, rotten
documentation, lack of ANY type of bug list/correction (so you never
really know why a new version was required), and a program that gobbles
up twice its size in data storage when loaded!!!  Just for the first
simple stack (Control Room)!!!

   The bottom line is this : I (and others) am definitely unhappy and not
impressed with Intuitive Technologies as a professional software
development firm.  My reccomendation would be : Do not buy anything
from this company, most likely it will not work, will be updated
with no notice and limited or painful upgrade process, support will
be slow if existent ( I had 5-6 calls go unanswered - they even have
an answering machine, and yes I left my phone numbers - home AND work!)
and finally an unwillingness to inform their users of potential problems
and fixes to their products.

   Jim Moore

nschultz@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ned W. Schultz) (12/11/89)

I don 't know this to be a fact, but it seems to me that I remember that
UltraCard was up to version 2.0 back in October, at AmiEXPO.  Are there
any registered owners out there who can clear this up?  I saw a lot of
crashes with the 1.X demos, but I was under the impression that things
had been better since the 2.0 release.  Am I wrong?

Ned Schultz    nschultz@polyslo.calpoly.edu

rac%swrinde.nde.swri.edu@cunyvm.cuny.edu (12/16/89)