[comp.sys.amiga] Term program for Supra 2400zi?

kms@uncecs.edu (Ken Steele) (12/18/89)

What terminal programs are people using with the
Supra 2400zi modem?  I have been unable to get
vt100 2.8A to do transfers even after running
the ModemModify utility.

Ken
--
Ken Steele   Dept. of Psychology    kms@ecsvax[.bitnet]
             Mars Hill College      kms@ecsvax.uncecs.edu

acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com (Tony Sumrall) (12/19/89)

In article <1989Dec17.213335.21448@uncecs.edu> kms@uncecs.edu (Ken Steele) writes:

>What terminal programs are people using with the
>Supra 2400zi modem?  I have been unable to get
>vt100 2.8A to do transfers even after running
>the ModemModify utility.

If the SupraModem uses a device name different from serial.device you
can use the DEVICE command to specify the device name (remember to
surround the name in double-quotes).  If it uses a unit number other
than 0 then you can specify that via the UNIT command.  Assuming that
you can connect to your host successfully (yes, I saw your other posting
about getting the escape sequences displayed on the screen) then you
should be able to use any INTERNAL protocol (XMODEM, XMODEM-CRC or
KERMIT).  To the best of my knowledge, the ZMODEM that I distributed with
2.9 won't handle other units or devices.  Why not send me some e-mail
and we can discuss your configuration.  See my signature for a
domain-based as well as the old "bang-style" address.  Amdahl is on the
backbone so you shouldn't have any problems reaching it.

>Ken
>--
>Ken Steele   Dept. of Psychology    kms@ecsvax[.bitnet]
>             Mars Hill College      kms@ecsvax.uncecs.edu
>             Mars Hill, NC 28754    {some big name site}!mcnc!ecsvax!kms
---
Tony Sumrall   author of VT100 2.9 (and 2.8a and 2.8 and...)
acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com <=> amdahl!pccuts!acs

[ Opinions expressed herein are the author's and should not be construed
  to reflect the views of Amdahl Corp. ]