[comp.sys.amiga] CD-ROMs

dlundy@emdeng.Dayton.NCR.COM (Dave.Lundy) (12/19/89)

In article <554@grape3.UUCP> king@cell.mot.COM (Steven King) writes:
>In article <5287@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> multi@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Kevin Su) writes:
>>Does there exist a PD(Prefered)/Commercial version of computerized dictionary
>>for the Amiga?   [...]
>
>The new version of the Oxford English Dictionary is available on CD-ROM.  Of
>course, that would mean getting a CD-ROM reader and some appropriate software,
Does this mean that there actually _is_ a CD-ROM interface for the Amiga?
All I've seen are for PeeCee's.

Dave Lundy

slfields@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Scott L Fields) (12/20/89)

>>>Does there exist a PD(Prefered)/Commercial version of computerized dictionary
>>>for the Amiga?   [...]
>
>>The new version of the Oxford English Dictionary is available on CD-ROM.  Of
>>course, that would mean getting a CD-ROM reader and some appropriate software,
>Does this mean that there actually _is_ a CD-ROM interface for the Amiga?
>All I've seen are for PeeCee's.

If you have a SCSI interface, you have the CD-ROM interface. I realize that
not all {most now do} CD-ROM players have SCSI interfaces. The trick is
getting the software driver.