[comp.sys.amiga] David Haynie saved my marriage

dooley@physics.utoronto.ca (Kevin Dooley) (12/16/89)

[...byte on this, line eater!...]

Not more than an hour and a half ago, my wife called me from
home in a panic.  It seems that the only copy of her essay
which was due today (worth 25% or her final mark) was on a
disk which, although completely fine last night at 3:00am,
was so badly corrupted that it refused to even validate.
I raced home to help her to try and get it back.  "I want
you to sell this thing," she fumed about the computer which
she once loved.  "Don't worry," I reassured her, "I seem to
remember saving a program called 'DiskSalv' a while back.
Maybe it can help."  Well, I sifted through my disks of
miscellaneous arvhives untill I found what I was looking for.
Reading the friendly documentation that accompanied it, I
realized that we were in good hands - we were in David Haynie's
hands!  I followed the simple directions, and in no time at
all, the essay was restored!  Sure, the its icon file was
completely munged, but the essay itself looked as good as new.
Thank you David Haynie!

--
 Kevin Dooley         UUCP - {uunet,pyramid}!utai!helios.physics!dooley
 Physics Dept.        BITNET - dooley@utorphys

tlimonce@drunivac.uucp (12/17/89)

In article <1989Dec15.154723.27920@helios.physics.utoronto.ca>, dooley@physics.utoronto.ca (Kevin Dooley) writes:
> all, the essay was restored!  Sure, the its icon file was
> completely munged, but the essay itself looked as good as new.
> Thank you David Haynie!

Dave should include that story in the documentation!

The real question:  Did it save the mariage because she had been so
upset, or because you would have gotten a divorce before you sold
your Amiga?

(Let me see THAT as a case study in the next issue of Time!)

-Tom

>  Kevin Dooley         UUCP - {uunet,pyramid}!utai!helios.physics!dooley
>  U. of Toronto        INTERNET - dooley@helios.physics.utoronto.ca
---
NOTE: Don't reply to this message, it may not work.  Use one of these:
 Tom Limoncelli -- tlimonce@drunivac.Bitnet -- limonce@pilot.njin.net
       Drew University -- Box 1060, Madison, NJ -- 201-408-5389
:)   Standard Disclaimer: I am not the mouth-piece of Drew University
(:  "DEC's All-In-1 isn't completely useless, but it's a nice attempt."

in article <1989Dec15.154723.27920@helios.physics.utoronto.ca>, dooley@physics.utoronto.ca (Kevin Dooley) says:

> I realized that we were in good hands - we were in David Haynie's
> hands!  I followed the simple directions, and in no time at
> all, the essay was restored!

Well, after a rather disasterous cat washing session last weekend, my
hands aren't as good as they used to be.  But I'm glad to be able to
help out!

>  Kevin Dooley         UUCP - {uunet,pyramid}!utai!helios.physics!dooley
--
Dave Haynie Commodore-Amiga (Systems Engineering) "The Crew That Never Rests"
                    Too much of everything is just enough