[comp.sys.amiga] DEMO - fake amiga 3000

wdao@girtab.usc.edu (Walter Dao) (12/18/89)

remember,
there was that bunch of guys who hid a mac II in an amiga case, and passed it
as an amiga 3000 , showing it to a bunch of engineers. The day after that
presentation, the net was flooded with Hooos and haaas about the presentation.

Well, from what I read, at boot up time, the amiga 3000 (ooops the mac II),
showed a 3-d ray traced rotating hand holding a disk (asking to insert the
workbench disk).

my query :
Does any body has got the pictures transfered to an amiga (IFF or whatever).
and made an animation that runs on the amiga ? (ok ti might have a lesser
screen resolution, less colors) but it could still be stunning to look at .

If anybody of you have that, I would be interested into getting a copy .

Thanks in advance for any reply I would get .

				Walter

lgreen@pnet01.cts.com (Lawrence Greenwald) (12/21/89)

wdao@girtab.usc.edu (Walter Dao) writes:
>remember,
>there was that bunch of guys who hid a mac II in an amiga case, and passed it
>as an amiga 3000 , showing it to a bunch of engineers. The day after that
>presentation, the net was flooded with Hooos and haaas about the presentation.
>
>Well, from what I read, at boot up time, the amiga 3000 (ooops the mac II),
>showed a 3-d ray traced rotating hand holding a disk (asking to insert the
>workbench disk).
>
>my query :
>Does any body has got the pictures transfered to an amiga (IFF or whatever).
>and made an animation that runs on the amiga ? (ok ti might have a lesser
>screen resolution, less colors) but it could still be stunning to look at .
>
>If anybody of you have that, I would be interested into getting a copy .
>

>Thanks in advance for any reply I would get .
>

>				Walter

The fake "3000" was an April Fool's gag perpetrated by the San Diego Amiga
Users Group (correction...perpetrated ON) by the then president of the group,
Steve Hartford.

Steve now (last I heard still does) work for NewTek. Contact him through them
and he may just have that stuff still laying around.

Grrr, I still occasionally knash my teeth about that hoax...I was one of the
first persons to post info on it!!

Larry Greenwald

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd sdcsvax nosc}!crash!pnet01!lgreen
ARPA: crash!pnet01!lgreen@nosc.mil
INET: lgreen@pnet01.cts.com
SNAIL:4545 Collwood Blvd, #52  San Diego, CA 92115
"I'm looking over a three-leaf clover that I overlooked be-three!"  -Bugs Bunny