[comp.sys.amiga] VAUX-KILLER demo on FF265-266

JMMEYERS@MTUS5.BITNET (John Meyers) (12/18/89)

    Has anyone had any problems with the VAUX-KILLERDEMO found on
Fish's 265 and 266 from the MRCNEXT archive? After unZOOing everything
and copying a few librarys to the main disk (I boot off of it,) I got
it running. I run into a problem after it loads "explosion1.set" off the
first disk. After that file is loaded, the MoviePlayer window says
"couldn't insert movie" and then a requester pops up with the message
"Couldn't load movie." I took a look at the movie file with the hunch that
the file after "explosion1.set" was in a wrong directory on the disk, but
but this didn't seem to be the case. Is it that I'm out of memory? (I have
1 Meg, and have seen no messages about memory requirements.)

                                             Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

                                                       John

  __        ,                 |John Michael Meyers -> JMMEYERS@MTUS5.BITNET
 (_/_ /     /)) _    _  _   _ |
 _/(//)/)  / / (-'(/(-'/ ' '-,|"Make Mine  /|
(/""""""""""""""(_/"""""""""" |           /-|MIGA!"

J89CC@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (12/18/89)

I also had trouble running the VAUX-Killer demo...
that is until created a directory called backgrounds and moved all
*.bkgd ,  *.pic , and *.oscn files into it.  Then it worked like a charm.

Hope this helps.
-------

-------
|  Chuck Banthos   CCNY School of Engineering   J89CC @ CUNYVM.BITNET |
| "A buzzard is two-faced ..."  -BB                  !!yourdead  -KRB |
|    "I'm so hip, I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis."  -ZB      |

JMMEYERS@MTUS5.BITNET (John Meyers) (12/19/89)

(In his message, Chuck Banthos writes:)

>I also had trouble running the VAUX-Killer demo...
>that is until created a directory called backgrounds and moved all
>*.bkgd ,  *.pic , and *.oscn files into it.  Then it worked like a charm.

Well, I got a most of the files one disk one, including the *.bkgd,
*.pics, and *.oscn files, to load in, but I will try it. By the way,
what is your memory setup? I'm still not positive that it is supposed
to run on 1 meg yet, anyways.

                                   Thanks.

>|  Chuck Banthos   CCNY School of Engineering   J89CC @ CUNYVM.BITNET |

  __        ,                 |John M. Meyers -> JMMEYERS@MTUS5.BITNET
 (_/_ /    /)) _    _  _   _  |
 _/(//)/) / / (-'(/(-'/ ' '-, | "Make Mine /|
(/ """"""""""""(_/""""""""""  |           /-|MIGA!"

J89CC@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (12/19/89)

Sorry I didn't say earlier.  I have a :

2000, 3M, 2 disk drive, Seagate 277N connected to GVP controler, NO ECS.

When I unzood the files and played it, it played excepted for the back-
grounds.  I decided to do a hex dump of the file 'TVKD.ms'.  In it,
I found that the demo was expecting the background files to be in a
dir called TVKD1:Backgrounds .

I haven't tried it on any other setups, so as far as the minimum goes
I don't know.

Hope this helps (some more).

Chuck
-------

tdesjardins@spurge.waterloo.edu (Tim Desjardins) (12/19/89)

In article   writes:
>From: JMMEYERS@MTUS5.BITNET (John Meyers)
>*.pics, and *.oscn files, to load in, but I will try it. By the way,
>what is your memory setup? I'm still not positive that it is supposed
>to run on 1 meg yet, anyways.

I'm not so sure about that, VAUX-killer seems to load fine on my machine
but when I type 'p' at the white screen it just sits there and does nothing
I have a 3 meg machine and when the demo is all done loading I only have
200K left, i.e. it ate 2.5 meg or so and did nothing, also I can't kill the
thing once it's started so i have to reboot.

Anybody have any ideas.
Enquiring minds want to know.
Happy holidays.

Have a nice day.
Tim Desjardins.
tdesjardins@spurge.waterloo.{edu|cdn}

keithh@atreus.uucp (Keith Hanlan) (12/20/89)

In article <89351.142834JMMEYERS@MTUS5.BITNET> JMMEYERS@MTUS5.BITNET (John Meyers) writes:

>    Has anyone had any problems with the VAUX-KILLERDEMO found on
>Fish's 265 and 266 from the MRCNEXT archive?
>(I have 1 Meg, and have seen no messages about memory requirements.)

	It needs 3 (three) MB of RAM. It says that somewhere.

Keith Hanlan
Bell-Northern Research, Ottawa, Canada 613-765-4645
uunet!utgpu!bnr-vpa!bnr-fos!bmers58!atreus!keithh or keithh@bnr.ca

anthes@geocub.greco-prog.fr (Franklin Anthes) (12/22/89)

In article <658@bmers58.UUCP> keithh@atreus.UUCP (Keith Hanlan) writes:

>>    Has anyone had any problems with the VAUX-KILLERDEMO found on
>>Fish's 265 and 266 from the MRCNEXT archive?
>>(I have 1 Meg, and have seen no messages about memory requirements.)
>
>	It needs 3 (three) MB of RAM. It says that somewhere.

Well actually I got it to run on my 2.5 meg machine by making a
custom boot disk for it. The demo is run straight from the
startup-sequence, with no other programs running.

Hope this helps.

News filler
News filler
News filler
News filler
News filler
--

	Frank Anthes-Harper :  Bien le bonjour de la France
	anthes@geocub.greco-prog.fr