[comp.sys.amiga] "Commodore fires big guns for the Amiga."

detert@lognet2.af.mil (CMS David K. Detert) (12/22/89)

>In article <25164@cup.portal.com> thad@cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>>Confirming Joe's report of the San Jose Mercury News' article about the
>>Amiga.
>>
>>However, here's a DIRECT and EXACT paragraph from the article; see if you can
>>figure out what "costs more than $2,000 less" means.  That's just ONE of many
>>unusual things in the article.  Sigh.  Well, at least it's a start!  :-)
In a followup article, Bill Nurphy responds:
>Inserting a comma at the appropriate place makes the statement clear.
>"	The recently announced Amiga 2500/30 model, sporting a 68030
>	processor running at 25 megahertz (sic), 2 megabytes of RAM, a
>	math co-processor and a 40-megabyte hard drive, costs more than
>	$2,000, less than its Macintosh IIci counterpart.
Funny, but I read it as saying that the difference in price of the
2 systems was greater than $2000 and that the price advantage went to
our beloved Amy, which is where is should be, right?????
Cheers, Dave

CMSgt David K Detert, USAF     MILNet:  detert@lognet2.af.mil