[comp.sys.amiga] Soundtracker and Copper demos.

) (12/22/89)

I saw a program called Soundtracker demonstrated in our local User group
sometime back.  From what I saw, it's an awesome music composition prog
with equalizers and all that jazz.  The sound quality was very good too.
Now this program is public domain however I can't find it at any FTP
site or local BBS'.  Does anybody know where I can get this program and
it's many many libraries of instuments and songs?

To Tad Guy @ xanth.cs.odu.edu

I tried e-mail but it bounced.  Anyway, the RS1demo at xanth does not
work on my 1 meg 2000.  Is there a memory requirement for this demo?
The disks unwarped are not DOS disks so I can't fool around with them.
The other demos are awesome!

Thanks.
Bin

aliu@aludra.usc.edu (Terminal Entry) (12/22/89)

In article <6657@nigel.udel.EDU> BPJ0%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (Bin!) writes:

>To Tad Guy @ xanth.cs.odu.edu
>
>I tried e-mail but it bounced.  Anyway, the RS1demo at xanth does not
>work on my 1 meg 2000.  Is there a memory requirement for this demo?
>The disks unwarped are not DOS disks so I can't fool around with them.
>The other demos are awesome!

The RS1Demo disks didn't work on my A500 w/ 1meg either. First disk
crashed after displaying a title screen, while the second disk
crashed right away while trying to boot.

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (12/22/89)

In article <6657@nigel.udel.EDU> BPJ0%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (Bin!) writes:
> To Tad Guy @ xanth.cs.odu.edu
> I tried e-mail but it bounced.

Hmmmm, be sure to notify your system administrator.  A mailer that
correctly handles MX records should handle <tadguy@cs.odu.edu>,
and there's no excuse for an Internet machine to not handle
<tadguy@xanth.cs.odu.edu> since xanth.cs.odu.edu is in the
obsolescent ``host table'' from nic.ddn.mil...

> Anyway, the RS1demo at xanth does not work on my 1 meg 2000.  Is
> there a memory requirement for this demo?  The disks unwarped
> are not DOS disks so I can't fool around with them.  The other
> demos are awesome!

I contacted the person who sent the RS1demos, and the warps were
bad (and were removed several days ago).  He's going to resend
them at a later time...

Just remember that anything you might find in ``/incoming'' has
not been checked or tested: use at your own risk.

...tad

d87-khd@sm.luth.se (Karl-Gunnar Hultland) (12/22/89)

In article <6657@nigel.udel.EDU> BPJ0%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (Bin!) writes:
>I saw a program called Soundtracker demonstrated in our local User group
>sometime back.  From what I saw, it's an awesome music composition prog
>with equalizers and all that jazz.  The sound quality was very good too.
>Now this program is public domain however I can't find it at any FTP
>site or local BBS'.  Does anybody know where I can get this program and
>it's many many libraries of instuments and songs?

I've heard that sountracker originally was a commercial program made
by a westgerman company, but since then "hackers" have changed it, and
done some very big improvements on it.(i.e. made it useful)
If I am wrong, (please email me) and I will post the latest version of
the soundtracker and the 9 disks with instruments I and a friend has
collected , to /incoming/amiga at xanth.

>To Tad Guy @ xanth.cs.odu.edu
>
>I tried e-mail but it bounced.  Anyway, the RS1demo at xanth does not
>work on my 1 meg 2000.  Is there a memory requirement for this demo?
>The disks unwarped are not DOS disks so I can't fool around with them.
>The other demos are awesome!

Sorry!, but I posted it without checking it worked after the warp. I
was under the impression that since it was copyable with turbobackup
it would just warp fine .....
Now I've tried to warp if with the following commands and it works fine:
warp read 0 79 ram:rs1 MFM   and
nibwarp read 0 79 ram:rs1

I'll be posting it between Christmas and New Year. (they'll be
~1.7MB/disk and I don't like to send them at 2400 baud to the school,
so I'll take my amiga there to be able to use 9600 instead)

>Thanks.
>Bin

				Karl

< Karl 'Kalle' Hultland    <$>                                               >
< Dept. of Comp. sci.      <$> d87-khd@sm.luth.se |                          >
< University of Lulea      <$> {uunet,mcvax}!sunic.se!sm.luth.se!d87-khd     >
< Sweden                   <$>                                               >
<      If two people agree on EVERYTHING , one of them is OBSOLETE!!         >