[comp.sys.amiga] Anyone want to play Empire????

CRONEJP@UREGINA1.BITNET (Jonathan Crone) (12/21/89)

     The InterStel version of Empire has a Play by Mail option
built in to it.,....

anyone want to play????

(in case you haven't seen it, its a pretty good game implementaition of
 empire, complete with full support for multitasking.... (no busywait,
and full dragging and screen gadgets...)

JpC

mamba@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Paul A Deisinger) (12/21/89)

In article <8912202203.AA28970@jade.berkeley.edu> CRONEJP@UREGINA1.BITNET (Jonathan Crone) writes:

>     The InterStel version of Empire has a Play by Mail option
>built in to it.,....
>
>anyone want to play????

This sounds like an excellent idea.  Have you tried uploading and uuecoding
the game files?  If a game file can be sent back and forth by email it
would be great.

If there is enough interest maybe we could keep track of how games are
going (although given my experience with live sessions a pbm game could
take two years even if each player moved every other day).

So...count me as an opponent!

JP

--
  Paul Deisinger                     "Me wa kuchi hodo ni mono o ii"
  Joe Pantuso                        "Bushi wa kuwanedo takayooji"

slc@hoptoad.uucp (Steve Costa) (12/23/89)

In article <8912202203.AA28970@jade.berkeley.edu> CRONEJP@UREGINA1.BITNET (Jonathan Crone) writes:

>     The InterStel version of Empire has a Play by Mail option
>built in to it.,....
>
>anyone want to play????
>
>(in case you haven't seen it, its a pretty good game implementaition of
> empire, complete with full support for multitasking.... (no busywait,
>and full dragging and screen gadgets...)
>

>JpC

Although A friend and I play Interstel's Empire a lot, there are some
things we don't like about it. Most of them are subjective, but one
which is not subjective is the fact that it gradually steals memory
from the system, and doesn't return it.