[comp.sys.amiga] Help Me Find Vo Rec 1

schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) (12/22/89)

Does anyone know who makes or where I can get Vo Rec 1? It is voice recognition
hardware and software which consists of a headset and recognizes voice commands
for the Amiga. Someone told me that the head of PeopleLink had just got one,
so I'm pretty sure it is available. Does anyone know anything about this?

			     \          /
			      \   \    /      /
			       \   \  /      /
				\   \/      /
				 \  /a\mpyr/
Compuserve: 70731,1102		  \/   \  / ideo
					\/

hrlaser@sactoh0.UUCP (Harv R. Laser) (12/23/89)

In article <11094@venera.isi.edu>, schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) writes:
> Does anyone know who makes or where I can get Vo Rec 1? It is voice recognition
> hardware and software which consists of a headset and recognizes voice commands
> for the Amiga. Someone told me that the head of PeopleLink had just got one,
> so I'm pretty sure it is available. Does anyone know anything about this?

I thought my ears were burning for some reason...
VoRecOne is made and sold by IMPULSE, INC. of Minneapolis, MN, USA.
Ask your local Amiga dealer for it.  If he doesn't have it or
can't or won't get it, you can buy it directly from Impulse.
Their number is 1-800-328-0184.  VoRecOne doesn't come with
any kind of "headset." You get a disk of software, a little
hand-held microphone (same kind that Radio Shack sells for bout
$5) and an interface box for the mic that plugs into your
2nd mouse port (the box is about 3"x2"x2").

I haven't had VoRecOne for very long and thus haven't used it
much yet and so don't feel qualified to post a thumbs up or down
review of it yet.

Disclaimer: I have no direct connection with Impulse, Inc., but
they make some interesting Amiga products.  Their documentation
is never going to win a Pulitzer prize, though.

--
 Harv Laser                  |  SAC-UNIX, Sacramento, Ca.
 People/Link: CBM*HARV       |  UUCP=...pacbell!sactoh0!hrlaser