[comp.sys.amiga] Non-Zorro slots in the Amiga 3000 & EISA & news.groups info

tlimonce@drunivac.uucp (12/25/89)

[The line-eater is reading the discussion on news.groups
about deleting comp.sys.amiga.tech and creating c.s.a.programmer,
c.s.a.hardware and c.s.a.arts; aren't YOU?]

First of all, doesn't anyone else think it's a bit too late to
discuss MAJOR design decisions such as bus specs?  Don't you think
that decision was made at least a year ago?  I think the only
discuss-able topics are in the magnitude of "should the mouse-cord
length be increased" and "should they change the color of the case".

The rest of this post is COMPLETELY sarcastic.

In article <[259457e6:3111.15]comp.sys.amiga;1@tronsbox.UUCP>, tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:
> BUT, be aware that the EISA specs main claim to fame is that the old XT/AT
> cards will plug in and run without modification.

...and THANK GOD for that!  I just helped someone buy a 486 machine
and I know that when I spend $xx,000 on a new computer my TOP TOP TOP
priority is being able to re-used my 8-bit CGA card.  Otherwise I'd
have to sell it used for about $25.

Blaaagh.

(sarcasm done)

Merry (insert holliday of your choice),
Tom
reply to tlimonce@drew.uucp or tlimonce@drew.bitnet; replying to the
address in the header just plain doesn't work (yet!).

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (12/27/89)

>  Resp: 17 of 17 by *Masked* at drunivac.uucp
>  Date: Mon Dec 25 1989 23:07 EST
>The rest of this post is COMPLETELY sarcastic.
>
>In article <[259457e6:3111.15]comp.sys.amiga;1@tronsbox.UUCP>,
>tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:
>> BUT, be aware that the EISA specs main claim to fame is that the old XT/AT
>> cards will plug in and run without modification.
>
>...and THANK GOD for that!  I just helped someone buy a 486 machine
>and I know that when I spend $xx,000 on a new computer my TOP TOP TOP
>priority is being able to re-used my 8-bit CGA card.  Otherwise I'd
>have to sell it used for about $25.

Hmm.. what a funny concept , most of use that can handle it and don't have
rich uncle's usually just upgrade a bit at a time.  It is a LOT easier when
you can buy JUST a motherbord NOW , and upgrade to faster add ons later.

But hey , go ahead, I mean, I am sure YOU wont mind tossing all your old
stuff every year or so?

"Perfume and leather baby , you and me together baby,
  what good is living in paradise, if you don't let yourself once or twice."
 -Tiffany

 Kenneth J. Jamieson ---- THE BOSS at Xanadu Enterprises Inc.
      UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  BEST PATH ---> uunet!tronsbox!tron1
      Sysop, Romantic Encounters BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568