[comp.sys.amiga] Don't buy from Go Amigo

mwood@ut-emx.UUCP (Matt A. Wood) (12/14/89)

Friends:

After hassling with Go Amigo for two weeks and being repeatedly lied to,
I would like to suggest to you gently:

	DON'T BUY FROM THE ASSHOLES AT GO AMIGO ! ! !

They will tell you it's in stock if it's not, they will tell you they're
shipping it `today' when they have no intention of doing so.  They will
lie to you without hesitation.  Save yourself some grief.  Call Go Amigo
last, or not at all.  I know I won't be calling them again.

Cheers,

--
Matt A. Wood				matt@astro.as.utexas.edu
Astronomy Department			(512) 471-4419

sjk@ut-emx.UUCP (bob) (12/14/89)

Matt Wood (/\/\ \/\/) writes:

> After hassling with Go Amigo for two weeks and being repeatedly lied to,
> I would like to suggest to you gently:
>
> 	DON'T BUY FROM THE ASSHOLES AT GO AMIGO ! ! !
>
> They will tell you it's in stock if it's not, they will tell you they're
> shipping it `today' when they have no intention of doing so.  They will
> lie to you without hesitation.  Save yourself some grief.  Call Go Amigo
> last, or not at all.  I know I won't be calling them again.

This surprises me, Matt. Go Amigo has always been very good to me.
They even sent me a second hard drive controller to try out (a
different brand) for free when I was not satisfied with the
features of the one I ordered. They have sent things a bit late,
sometimes, but unfortuantely I expect this in a mail order firm,
though I don't like it. They have never lied to me that I know of.
What you're describing sounds like MCS where they lied to me on
several occasions and when I called saying I would like to cancel
my order, they said ok and hung up, nver finding out who I was nor
what my order was.

So, to paraphrase Matt:

		DON'T BUY FROM THE ASSHOLE AT MCS!!

Scot
sjk@astro.as.utexas.edu

On the first day of Christmas, Zippy gave to me Wilma Flintstone
imbedded in Brie.  (It's imported).

tim@mcrware.UUCP (Tim Harris) (12/14/89)

In article <22319@ut-emx.UUCP> mwood@ut-emx.UUCP (Matt A. Wood) writes:
>Friends:
>
>After hassling with Go Amigo for two weeks and being repeatedly lied to,
>I would like to suggest to you gently:
>
>	DON'T BUY FROM THE ASSHOLES AT GO AMIGO ! ! !

	I have had no problems at all with Go Amigo in the past several years
of ordering from them.  Once I got a copy of Arkanoid that would just not
boot at all and sent it back to them and got a new copy hassle free within
a week.  I have ordered quite a few pieces of software from them and have
never had anything take over 5 days to get here.  I admit I haven't tried
ordering hardware from them but I would not be afraid to do so.

	Tim Harris

jac423@leah.Albany.Edu (Jules Cisek) (12/15/89)

In article <22319@ut-emx.UUCP>, mwood@ut-emx.UUCP (Matt A. Wood) writes:
> After hassling with Go Amigo for two weeks and being repeatedly lied to,
> I would like to suggest to you gently:
>
> 	DON'T BUY FROM THE ASSHOLES AT GO AMIGO ! ! !
>
> They will tell you it's in stock if it's not, they will tell you they're
> shipping it `today' when they have no intention of doing so.  They will
> lie to you without hesitation.  Save yourself some grief.  Call Go Amigo
> last, or not at all.  I know I won't be calling them again.

First  off,  there's  no  need  for  this  kind  of language on the net.
Secondly, I've dealt with Go Amiga  on  several  occassions  and  I  was
estonished  with  the  service  they  provided with both my hardware and
software orders. I was very impressed and I highly reccommend them.

--
Fight |     //             Julius A. Cisek   jac423,jules      |Don't
Like a|   \X/ ->crunch<-   SUNYA, NY USA     @leah.albany.edu  | Be a

stephen@hpdml93.HP.COM (Stephen Holmstead) (12/15/89)

Scot (sjk@astro.as.utexas.edu) writes:
>Matt Wood (/\/\ \/\/) writes:
>> After hassling with Go Amigo for two weeks and being repeatedly lied to,
>> I would like to suggest to you gently:
>>
>> 	DON'T BUY FROM THE ASSHOLES AT GO AMIGO ! ! !
>
>This surprises me, Matt. Go Amigo has always been very good to me.

I second this.  I almost exclusively use Go Amigo! (although I know that
Safe Harbor and a couple others are good, too).  Go Amigo! will always
get my recommendation for a mail-order service.  I have order dozens of
things from them and only one of them way late (only by 1 day).  I think
you must have had a *VERY RARE* experience.

>So, to paraphrase Matt:
>
>		DON'T BUY FROM THE ASSHOLE AT MCS!!

I second this, too!  I fought with MCS for over 6 months on one order
(BTW, the last order) I made with them.

 ____       ____
|   / /_  __\   | Disk      0S/2 == 1/2 OS (Leo Schwab)      Stephen Holmstead
|  | / / /_/ |  | Mechanism          //             ...!hplabs!hpdmlge!stephen
|___\   /   /___| Division         \X/ Amiga        stephen@hpdmlge.boi.hp.com

ragg0270@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (12/15/89)

If I can add my two cents worth, I can say that Go Amigo! took a long time to
get my  order shipped also. I could have lived with that, but I called them
twice to ask about it and both times I was told (by different people) that it
had "shipped yesterday". Of course they were lying both times.
I was quite disappointed by this since I had heard a lot of good things about
Go Amigo! I am certainly going to try another company for my next order.

ragg0270@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
Richard Gerber
Physics Department

nraoaoc@nmtsun.nmt.edu (NRAO Array Operations Center) (12/15/89)

I will add my 2 cents also, since I have recommended Go Amigo to a lot
of people in the past.  I had a lot of trouble getting straight answers
about shipping last summer - paid for 2nd day air and waited 10 days at
a critical time.  I have bought a lot of hardware from Go Amigo in the
past, and I felt I got good and honest advice from them.  But, I think
maybe they care less now.  I switched to Safe Harbor in Wisconsin.

Pat Palmer

) (12/16/89)

In article <22335@ut-emx.UUCP> sjk@ut-emx.UUCP (bob) writes:
>What you're describing sounds like MCS where they lied to me on
>several occasions and when I called saying I would like to cancel
>my order, they said ok and hung up, nver finding out who I was nor
>what my order was.
>
>So, to paraphrase Matt:
>
>		DON'T BUY FROM THE ASSHOLE AT MCS!!
>
>Scot
>sjk@astro.as.utexas.edu

I agree about MCS.  Their service is terrible, they lie about
everything and anything they feel like.  I ordered a hard drive from
them and waited for more than a month, while being given the run-around
by the company.  I tried to cancel but they wouldn't let me.  At that
point I called my credit card company and let them handle it -- it's been
around 3 months, and they are still in dispute....

I agree whole-heartedly  :  DON'T BUY FROM MCS!!!!!!

-Salim Alam

olson@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Todd Olson) (12/16/89)

In article <15440005@hpdml93.HP.COM> stephen@hpdml93.HP.COM (Stephen Holmstead) writes:
>>So, to paraphrase Matt:
>>
>>		DON'T BUY FROM THE ASSHOLE AT MCS!!
>
>I second this, too!  I fought with MCS for over 6 months on one order
>(BTW, the last order) I made with them.

I will be the third person to state DO NOT ORDER FROM M.C.S., they still owe me
money from 4 years ago.  I have written to the several times and gotten
no response.  I think, that really enjoy screwing their customers!!!

> ____       ____
>|   / /_  __\   | Disk      0S/2 == 1/2 OS (Leo Schwab)      Stephen Holmstead
>|  | / / /_/ |  | Mechanism          //             ...!hplabs!hpdmlge!stephen
>|___\   /   /___| Division         \X/ Amiga        stephen@hpdmlge.boi.hp.com

                     				Todd Olson

olson@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu

Doug_B_Erdely@cup.portal.com (12/17/89)

I have placed several orders with Go Amigo.. both software and hardware..
they treated me very well.

	- Doug -

Doug_B_Erdely@Cup.Portal.Com

simon@cs.columbia.edu (Thor Simon) (12/19/89)

Don't buy from Go Amigo?  That's NOTHING...

I believe Mtgmry Grant's ads still say "Xetec Fasttrak Q80 IN STOCK"...

I waited TWO MONTHS for mine, then called The Software Shop in MA and got it
OVERNIGHT for LESS (though not less, of course, than the FIRST price Montgomery
Grant quoted me...!!)

dsuzuki@wheaton.UUCP (Daniel Suzuki) (12/21/89)

In article <3663@nmtsun.nmt.edu> nraoaoc@nmtsun.nmt.edu (NRAO Array Operations Center) writes:
>I will add my 2 cents also, since I have recommended Go Amigo to a lot
>of people in the past.  I had a lot of trouble getting straight answers
>about shipping last summer - paid for 2nd day air and waited 10 days at
>a critical time.  I have bought a lot of hardware from Go Amigo in the
>past, and I felt I got good and honest advice from them.  But, I think
>maybe they care less now.  I switched to Safe Harbor in Wisconsin.
>					  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Pat Palmer

I too switched to Safe Harbor after nasty experices with M.C.S., LightSpeed,
and other places.  I found Safe Harbor to be fast, friendly, and pretty
reliable.  I returned my Supra modem 2400 3 times, and got a replacement
immediately each time.  When I ordered Dungeon Master last year, I got it
the next day--at no extra cost (ie. it wasn't UPS overnight or FedEx).
I've never waited over 3 days for a software order.

Which brings me to my question:  When will FTL release Dungeon Master II
(Chaos Strikes Back) for the AMIGA (if they ever intend to )?  I've heard
many reports of it being out for the Ata*i.  Having finished the
original DM sometime in August, I am anxious to try out the continuation to
this excellent game.

-dsuzuki

davel@sequent.UUCP (Dave Lennert) (12/28/89)

I also am surprised to hear a negative comment about GO AMIGO.  They have
always been prompt, curtious, trustworthy to me.

One extreme example was the following:

After promptly shipping me the game I requested, I then decided (before
opening the shrink wrap) that I'd made a bad selection.  GO AMIGO let
me exchange it at full value for a different game.  Then, before I'd
received the different game from GO AMIGO (they were waiting for me to
return the first game), I received the different game from a friend as
a gift!  So I called up GO AMIGO and asked if I could change the order
yet again.  They cheerfully did this for me.

This was above and beyond what I would have expected from any mail order
house.