[comp.sys.amiga] display postcript imaging model

duncan@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Shan D Duncan) (12/28/89)

I found a VERY short mention of this product in AmigaWorld when
they were talking about the Santa Clara AmiExpo.  ANYBODY out there have
any hints on this?  The one line was the first and only thing I
have heard.

Structure drawing program - Scott Anthony Studios'
using display postscript al la NeXt.

In article <1665@uwm.edu> duncan@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Shan D Duncan) writes:
>[Asking on any info on a product he heard about w/ display postscript]
>

>Structure drawing program - Scott Anthony Studios'
>using display postscript al la NeXt.

I haven't heard of the above program but there are a couple of other products
that might be of interest to you [and others].

Ghostscript - Freeware. available from many BBS's. was posted to
comp.binaries.amiga a few months ago. This program will take postscript from
any program and output it to any printer at whatever resolution your printer
can handle. I think it also can display the postscript as a preview on your
screen. I say 'I think' because I can't actually run the program, it needs at
least 1 meg (I have 512K).

Express Paint - This is a structured drawing program that allows you to draw at
variable DPI. I don't remember the upper limit, but I believe it is greater
than 300 DPI. You can Zoom in (like in a CAD program) to work up close on
details, or you can work zoomed out on the entire page. Looks really nice. I
don't think it is actually postscript, rather it just works at a high
resolution and you can output it to any printer, including a postscript
printer. I played with this at a dealer and don't own it so that's about all
the info I can give on it.

If any one else out there has any more info (or corrections to me) let us know.

--
John Sparks  | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps. Accessable thru Starlink (Louisville KY)
sparks@corpane.UUCP <><><><><><><><><><><> D.I.S.K. ph:502/968-5401 thru -5406