[comp.sys.amiga] Does valid mail come from mmdf@udel?

cmcmanis@stpeter.Sun.COM (Chuck McManis) (12/30/89)

I ask because I have recently put the line :
/mmdf@udel.EDU/h:j
into my kill file for c.s.a and it wipes out a pile of
postings. Generally these are duplicates, although sometimes
I can't tell. So the question is, is there any reason to
worry about stuff from UDel ? If so, and lets say you
are from udel and want to post something that I will see,
then I suggest you post it from somewhere else.

--Chuck McManis
uucp: {anywhere}!sun!cmcmanis   BIX: cmcmanis  ARPAnet: cmcmanis@Eng.Sun.COM
"If it didn't have bones in it, it wouldn't be crunchy now would it?!"

filbo@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us (Bela Lubkin) (12/30/89)

In article <129742@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> Chuck McManis writes:
>I ask because I have recently put the line :
>/mmdf@udel.EDU/h:j
>into my kill file for c.s.a and it wipes out a pile of
>postings. Generally these are duplicates, although sometimes
>I can't tell. So the question is, is there any reason to
>worry about stuff from UDel ? If so, and lets say you
>are from udel and want to post something that I will see,
>then I suggest you post it from somewhere else.

Well... mmdf@udel.edu is a posting service for BITNET Amiga (and other?)
list readers.  When it is working correctly, I don't see any duplicates
from it, only original messages.  Unfortunately, it seems to be pretty
damn buggy and keeps screwing up and posting batches of duplicates.  It
also tends to do a horrible job of cleaning up headers, etc.  In
principle it should be a useful service, but I'm pretty doubtful given
the duplicates, extra header crap, and the amount of time it takes for a
reply to propagate through it.

But to answer your specific question, yes, there are valid posts from
mmdf@udel.edu.

Bela Lubkin    * *    //  filbo@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us  CI$: 73047,1112 (slow)
     @       * *     //  belal@sco.com  ..ucbvax!ucscc!{gorn!filbo,sco!belal}
R Pentomino    *   \X/  Filbo @ Pyrzqxgl +408-476-4633 and XBBS +408-476-4945