[comp.sys.amiga] Crown the moderator?

nschultz@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ned W. Schultz) (12/30/89)

Isn't it about time to crown Tad Guy our moderator for comp.binaries.amiga
and end the drought there?  I haven't seen anyone else speak up as a
candidate, nor have there been any concerns raised about Tad taking over.
So...is there anything getting in the way of reactivating the binaries?

I don't know the protocol here, but I propose that as of 12/31/89 at
midnight Tad becomes oour god.  Let the cartoons begin!

Ned Schultz    nschultz@polyslo.calpoly.edu

dnye@bbn.com (DavE Nye) (12/30/89)

In article <1989Dec30.002141.24640@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> nschultz@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ned W Schultz) writes:

>Isn't it about time to crown Tad Guy our moderator for comp.binaries.amiga
>and end the drought there?  I haven't seen anyone else speak up as a
>candidate, nor have there been any concerns raised about Tad taking over.
>So...is there anything getting in the way of reactivating the binaries?
>
>I don't know the protocol here, but I propose that as of 12/31/89 at
>midnight Tad becomes oour god.  Let the cartoons begin!
			   ^^^^
			Well, Moderator anyway... :)

 I hearby Second this Motion...All in Favor Say 'Yea'...All opposed? Say 'Nay'
Good, Vote Carries  1238743245 to 0.

>Ned Schultz    nschultz@polyslo.calpoly.edu

It's Official!!!! Wheee

};)

-=TheEvilOne

Let the binaries Flow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=     //     Dave Nye -- President, Southern New Hampshire AMIGA Users Group  =
=    //      dnye@bbn.com    dnye%bbn.com@relay.cs.net  ...!harvard!bbn!dnye  =
= \\//       BBN, Inc., Cambridge, Mass., My Employers computer, MY opinion.. =

filbo@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us (Bela Lubkin) (12/30/89)

In article <1989Dec30.002141.24640@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> Ned W Schultz writes:
>Isn't it about time to crown Tad Guy our moderator for comp.binaries.amiga
>and end the drought there?

Yes.

And after the "crowning", let's give Tad a few weeks to get into the
flow of things, get his tools worked out, etc., before anyone starts
grousing, OK?  I think Tad's going to do a great job, but I don't think
>anyone< could start moderating a .binaries group without some initial
glitches.

Bela Lubkin    * *    //  filbo@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us  CI$: 73047,1112 (slow)
     @       * *     //  belal@sco.com  ..ucbvax!ucscc!{gorn!filbo,sco!belal}
R Pentomino    *   \X/  Filbo @ Pyrzqxgl +408-476-4633 and XBBS +408-476-4945

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (12/30/89)

In article <1989Dec30.002141.24640@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> nschultz@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ned W. Schultz) writes:
> Isn't it about time to crown Tad Guy our moderator for comp.binaries.amiga

I was thinking something more along the lines of ``pin the tail on the...'' :-)

> So...is there anything getting in the way of reactivating the binaries?

No.  In fact, Bob and I started the transition a few days ago.  The
keeper of the list-o-moderators has been notified, and the
``well-connected'' sites should soon be updating their aliases...

Persons wanting to submit stuff early should mail it to <amiga@cs.odu.edu>.
(This is the address that will be bound to comp.{sources,binaries}.amiga).

You won't see anything from me until January 1 at the earliest.
Even then you might not want me posting with a hangover... :-{

	...tad