[comp.sys.amiga] xxxxxxxx Leaving the Net xxxxxxxx

In <8912300555.AA06539@hermes.Berkeley.EDU>, dillon@HERMES.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:
>	Well people, this is it... my last tie to the university and thus
>    the UseNet is going away in two weeks.  I will probably return one day
>    via a UUCP connection somewheres...
>
> [ .... ]
>
>	My time on the USENET has been enjoyable and I thank you all for
>    some great times!

Then it's been mutual Matt.  Hope to see you again soon from wherever you go.
If not, best of luck to you in your endeavours.

-larry

--
" All I ask of my body is that it carry around my head."
         - Thomas Alva Edison -

dillon@HERMES.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) (12/30/89)

	Well people, this is it... my last tie to the university and thus
    the UseNet is going away in two weeks.  I will probably return one day
    via a UUCP connection somewheres...

	My USMail address, for requests and such (easiest to send a couple
    bucks instead of actual disks, by the way.  Don't bother to send folded up
    return envelope):

	Matthew Dillon
	891 Regal Rd.
	Berkeley, Ca. 94708

	You can also call up my Amiga and either leave a note (login as 'note')
    or email via uucp (login as 'uucp' password 'uupc').  In either case
    please be sure to leave your name and address.  (the uucp login exists
    now, the 'note' login will exist by Dec 30 1989).  I'm still working
    on a BBS, no activation date available as yet.

	The modem line is not connected to a phone, the Amiga will always
    answer.  If it doesn't, then my Amiga is off (like maybe it crashed
    or something).  I leave my Amiga on 24 hrs a day so you can call the
    modem line at any time.

	Try not to call the voice line past 10pm or before 10am!  I am
    not always in and sometimes am gone for weeks at a time... calling
    the modem line is more reliable.

	Anybody local who wants to set up a UUCP connection with
    my machine just drop me a note with the login name and password you
    want me to setup for you and the login and password I should call you
    as and times I can call, etc.  Keyword is LOCAL calls here.  I live
    in Berkeley California.

	modem:	(415) 525-5506

	voice:  (415) 527-2697

	My time on the USENET has been enjoyable and I thank you all for
    some great times!

					-Matt

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (01/01/90)

>Item: 3571 by *Masked* at HERMES.BERKELEY.EDU

>	Well people, this is it... my last tie to the university and thus
>    the UseNet is going away in two weeks.  I will probably return one day
>    via a UUCP connection somewheres...

Never fear MAT , I will leave mail on your box bot will be more than willing
to feed you COMP.SYS.AMIGA via UUCP over PCP.

"Perfume and leather baby , you and me together baby,
  what good is living in paradise, if you don't let yourself once or twice."
 -Tiffany

 Kenneth J. Jamieson ---- THE BOSS at Xanadu Enterprises Inc.
      UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  BEST PATH ---> uunet!tronsbox!tron1
      Sysop, Romantic Encounters BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568