[comp.sys.amiga] Photon Paint 2.0

donw@zehntel.zehntel.com (Don White) (01/03/90)

In article <7684@sybase.sybase.com> clem@frenzy.sybase.com () writes:

>>Speaking of HAM paint programs... Can anybody out there comment on Digi-Paint
>>3?  Sorry if this topic has already been beat to death here recently.
>
>I don't have PhotonPaint so I can't make a comparison for you, but I have a
>criticism of Digi-Paint3.
>
>The only thing that bugs me about it is the Magnify feature they use. The way

>All other aspects of Digi-Paint3 I love. The mapping function is great, and
>the tinting and 'Rub-Thru' is unique and very handy. I think the menus have

       THE FOLLOWING IS NON COMMERCIAL - I AM JUST A VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER.

     I bought Photon 2.0 last week. There are a few misconceptions here.
     The features you mention for digipaint3 are NOT unique.

     1. It has a 'Rub-Thru' capability. It is called UNDER. It is very
        versatile in that you are allowed to use other tools with it. A
        really AWESOME example is - You can use UNDER with BLEND. This allows
        you to make the rub through look like it was painted in with a
        spray can.

     3. It also has tinting. Tinting is accomplished using the BLEND function
        with the filled line drawing tool. Again, the tools are recombinant.
        You can do SHADED tints among other things.

Additionally ---

     3. The magnify is the best I have seen anywhere!!! You can size and
        move the magnify window!!! VERY VERSATILE!!!

     4. VERY IMPORTANT!!! You can do HAM ANIMATION with Photon 2.0. Once
        upon a time HAM ANIMATION was only accessible with Ray Tracing
        software. Now you can HAND DRAW animations. I don't know of any
        other program that allows hand drawn HAM animation.

     All in all, I can't think of a thing that you can do in digipaint
     that can't be done BETTER with Photon 2.0

     Hope this helps.

     Don White - Box 271177 Concord, CA. 94527-1177
     zehntel!donw