[comp.sys.amiga] Which mail order place is

fwp@unccvax.uucp@canremote.uucp (fwp@unccvax.UUCP) (12/21/89)

From: fwp@unccvax.UUCP (Rick Pasotto)
Subj: Which mail order place is good?
Orga: Univ. of NC at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC

in article <12314@cbnewsc.ATT.COM>, dalka@cbnewsc.ATT.COM
(kenneth.j.dalka) says: >
> With all the talk about which mail order places are
> bad, I'd like to hear a recommendation for a good place.
> --
>
>                                       Ken Dalka (Bell Labs)
>                                       att!ihlpz!dalka
>                                       IH 4H-416 (312) 979-6930

Last week I ordered some software for a Christmas present from
Creative Computers.  They shipped last Friday FedX but shipped the
wrong merchandise (the order was written correctly).  When I received
it Monday morning I called to inform them of the error.  Today,
Tuesday, I received the correct merchandise FedX, no charge for
shipping.  Until they receive back the wrong item my credit card will
be double charged and I will probably be out the cost of the
complaint phone call, but at least the problem was rectified
promptly.  All in all, a reasonable showing.

Rick Pasotto
mcnc!unccvax!fwp

---
 * Via MaSNet/HST96/HST144/V32 - UN Amiga
 * Via Usenet Newsgroup comp.sys.amiga

king@cell.mot.COM (Steven King) (01/03/90)

In article <89122504041132@masnet.uucp> fwp@unccvax.uucp@canremote.uucp (fwp@unccvax.UUCP) writes:

>Last week I ordered some software for a Christmas present from
>Creative Computers.  [details omitted]

I've had reasonably good service from Creative Computers, too.  (From the
United Parcel Service, who were supposed to deliver the package, well,
that's another story...)  My only complaint with them is that their
inventory computers are not linked to their sales computers.  "Do you have
that in stock?" I asked.  "I'm not sure.  This is Christmas, and we've been
shipping things faster than we can update the computers."  Hell of a way
to run a railroad.  At least, they didn't say "Oh yeah, sure, that's in
stock!"

--
It's only impossible until it's done.              | Steve King  (708) 991-8056