[comp.sys.amiga] DNET: it is possible to do a login script?

cosell@bbn.com (Bernie Cosell) (12/31/89)

Getting logged into my at-work system is a bit of a pain in the neck.  What'd
be nice [and it is something I have for the two other COMM program I've used,
OnLine! and vt100] is the ability to send a script that not only dials the
number but also negotiates the minefield from the concentrator that answers the
phone to my workstation [optimally ending with a "dnet\n" to kick off the
server on my WS].

Is there some way to do this?  I can type it all into the little DNET window by
hand, but I would _sure_ like to automate it.  Thanks!

  /Bernie\

ejkst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Eric J. Kennedy) (01/04/90)

In article <50232@bbn.COM> cosell@BBN.COM (Bernie Cosell) writes:
>Getting logged into my at-work system is a bit of a pain in the neck.  What'd
>be nice [and it is something I have for the two other COMM program I've used,
>OnLine! and vt100] is the ability to send a script that not only dials the
>number but also negotiates the minefield from the concentrator that answers the
>phone to my workstation [optimally ending with a "dnet\n" to kick off the
>server on my WS].

This sounds like something that Scripit could do.  I won't swear to it,
since I'm not very familier with it, yet, but it might be interesting to
try...

--
Eric Kennedy
ejkst@cis.unix.pitt.edu