[comp.sys.amiga] Multisync Cables

chunko@yacht.cis.ohio-state.edu (jeffrey d chunko) (12/29/89)

Santa brought me a nice shiny multisync for Xmas.  Unfortunately he forgot
to get a cable to connect it.  (Santa doesn't know Diddly 'bout computers.)
The only  local dealer who does cabling wants  $50 for the darn thing.
I  need either a good  design and a source for a DB23 or else someplace
else to buy one.  (Quickly, it's getting lonely.)

The manual give the pinouts as follows:

	SEPARATE	COMPOSITE	SYNC ON GREEN

1	RED		RED		RED

2	GREEN		GREEN		GREEN+SYNC

3	BLUE		BLUE		BLUE

4	H-SYNC		H/V-SYNC	NC

5	V-SYNC		LOW MODE	NC

6-9		ALL GROUND

Now I can't find my 2000 pinouts but I seem to remember that the separate
 signal would match as long as I got the pins  right.
I only worry because people were muttering about having to buffer the signal
somehow & I don't want to fry it just yet.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Jeff
chunko@cis.ohio-state.edu

bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (Bob Lindabury) (01/04/90)

> Santa brought me a nice shiny multisync for Xmas.  Unfortunately he forgot
> to get a cable to connect it.  (Santa doesn't know Diddly 'bout computers.)
> The only  local dealer who does cabling wants  $50 for the darn thing.
> I  need either a good  design and a source for a DB23 or else someplace
> else to buy one.  (Quickly, it's getting lonely.)
>
> Jeff
> chunko@cis.ohio-state.edu

As I posted before in this list, you can purchase already made (or custom)
cables from a company called Redmond Cable.  Phone # 206/882-2009.

I find they do a real good job on the cables and their turnaround time is
tops.  I've never had a problem with them or their cables and I would
recommend you give them a try.  If they don't have your cable in stock, they
will make it up for you custom and the prices are reasonable.

-- Bob

InterNet: bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com          |       ProLine: bobl@pro-graphics
    UUCP: ..crash!pro-graphics!bobl          |        CServe: 70347,2344
ARPA/DDN: ..crash!pro-graphics!bobl@nosc.mil |  Amer. Online: Graphics3D
            Raven Enterprises - 25 Raven Ave. Piscataway, NJ 08854