[comp.sys.amiga] Why the Amiga is hard to ...? INFO magazine

jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu (James Treworgy) (01/05/90)

In article <89122504041505@masnet.uucp>, chris.colohan@canremote.uucp (CHRIS COLOHAN) writes:
> Unbiased?  Info I own one issue of, and I never look at it.  Its Amiga
> rules anything else sucks attitude is a disgrace.  If you believed half
> the stuff those self ego inflating Amiga uses say in that magazine you
> would think the IBM and Mac is a poor choice for anything, because a
> computer that can't do animation as well as the Amiga is useless.
>        Sorry, but I like Transactor (when it comes out), but find Info
> very insulting.
>
> Chris Colohan
> ---
>  ~ QNet 2.02: Amiga Blue International (416)844-0465 Toronto (SmartNet)

I read INFO pretty often, and although they certainly have an attitude, I don't
see too much IBM & MAC bashing... maybe I'm not looking for it. Regardless, the
Amiga is the underdog, and it's not going to become a success by Amiga
magazines telling people that the IBM is better for this, the Mac is better for
that.

I don't think it's a disgrace... after all, the magazine is entirely produced
by Commodore computers (I'll tell you what is a disgrace, is the fact that
Amazing Computing is made on Macintoshes). Although they go a little overboard,
I think it's good that they have a commitment to the Amiga. If they love the
machine, shouldn't they support it? Remember, it's a Commodore magazine, not a
forum for the opposition to have fair say.
--
James A. Treworgy    -- No quote here for insurance reasons --
jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu         jtreworgy%eagle@WESLEYAN.BITNET